Wax group/South African World's video scammer/non-delivery of goods

Old October 7th 03, 01:49 AM
John

Default Wax group/South African World's video scammer/non-delivery of goods

Anyone out there that can lend a hand with the non-delivery of the video?

Anyone out there actually received the promised video and/or book?

I sent a credit card payment in good faith well over a year ago, and
haven't received a thing.

Some contact with Carol Clifford and her attempts to help have yielded
nothing, although appreciated her effort. She said that the situation was
an embarrassment to the SASA, and that they were attempting to chase the
guy down. So far, he's proven as tough to get as Osama Bin Laden.

How about it, South African Soaring Society??? What gives?

Would appreciate anyone else with similar situation to post here, or if you
got the video, let us know that, too.

Thanks,

John Bojack
Atlanta, GA
USA

Old October 7th 03, 07:09 AM
Marcel Duenner

I know someone who got it. About two or three months ago I think.
I'll tell him.

Regards
Marcel
Old October 7th 03, 03:43 PM
Gary Kemp

I finally got one after much hastle about 4-5 months ago......however
it was in PAL format, therefore not usable on USA machines. Have a
local guy that converted it for me. Keep in mind that Carol and the
local organization had nothing to do with the video.....it was a South
African commercial organization that did the work

Gary

Old October 7th 03, 04:14 PM
tango4

Sorry Gary but that is a cop-out. The SSSA sanctioned and organised the
event and were responsible for awarding the rights to the commercial company
that was supposed to make the video. To my mind they should have controlled
the funds going to the company with some form of guarantee. This little
eposode really has disillusioned me and I am an ex 'South African'!

PS: Is the video any good?

Ian

"Gary Kemp" wrote in message
m...
I finally got one after much hastle about 4-5 months ago......however
it was in PAL format, therefore not usable on USA machines. Have a
local guy that converted it for me. Keep in mind that Carol and the
local organization had nothing to do with the video.....it was a South
African commercial organization that did the work

Gary

ink.net...

Old October 7th 03, 10:32 PM
Gary Kemp

I usually give people the benefit of the doubt. I think the video is
good, very good scenes of finishes and gaggles and good commentary by
pilots and staff. A little long piece on Beatty (i think) talking
about his ground breaking designs of the 60's and 70's.

Gary
"tango4" wrote in message ...
Sorry Gary but that is a cop-out. The SSSA sanctioned and organised the
event and were responsible for awarding the rights to the commercial company
that was supposed to make the video. To my mind they should have controlled
the funds going to the company with some form of guarantee. This little
eposode really has disillusioned me and I am an ex 'South African'!

PS: Is the video any good?

Ian

"Gary Kemp" wrote in message
m...
I finally got one after much hastle about 4-5 months ago......however
it was in PAL format, therefore not usable on USA machines. Have a
local guy that converted it for me. Keep in mind that Carol and the
local organization had nothing to do with the video.....it was a South
African commercial organization that did the work

Gary

ink.net...

Old October 9th 03, 03:34 AM
John

So, do I understand the situation to be hopeless, dead-in-the-water.....and
that the SSSA has walked away from intervening?

I'd also like to commend the "wax group" (whatever the hell that's supposed
to be), for not ever even answering my emails to them. Evidently they're
the S. African counterpart for our PayPal organization in that they're more
than happy to make the commissions off converting credit card payments, but
refuse any responsibility.

Whatever!

John Bojack "J4"
Atlanta, GA
USA

m...

"tango4" wrote in message

Sorry Gary but that is a cop-out. The SSSA sanctioned and organised the
event and were responsible for awarding the rights to the commercial

company
that was supposed to make the video. To my mind they should have

controlled
the funds going to the company with some form of guarantee. This little
eposode really has disillusioned me and I am an ex 'South African'!

PS: Is the video any good?

Ian

"Gary Kemp" wrote in message
m...
I finally got one after much hastle about 4-5 months ago......however
it was in PAL format, therefore not usable on USA machines. Have a
local guy that converted it for me. Keep in mind that Carol and the
local organization had nothing to do with the video.....it was a South
African commercial organization that did the work

Gary

ink.net...

Old October 9th 03, 04:10 AM
tango4

"John" wrote in message
ink.net...
So, do I understand the situation to be hopeless,

dead-in-the-water.....and
that the SSSA has walked away from intervening?

Looks like it to me!