My revised weather brief form

Old September 9th 04, 02:55 AM
Wizard of Draws

Default My revised weather brief form

I've revised my personal weather brief form and posted it on my website for
anyone that might find it useful. If you have any suggestions to make it
better, please let me know.

http://www.wizardofdraws.com/main/wxbrief.html
--
Jeff 'The Wizard of Draws' Bucchino
Cartoons with a Touch of Magic

Old September 9th 04, 03:26 AM
zatatime

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 21:55:42 -0400, Wizard of Draws
wrote:

I've revised my personal weather brief form and posted it on my website for
anyone that might find it useful. If you have any suggestions to make it
better, please let me know.

http://www.wizardofdraws.com/main/wxbrief.html

Not picking, but wondering what you do on a long cross country where
you have two or three enroute reports?

Old September 9th 04, 03:39 AM
john smith

Not bad.
Two nits...
- I would make the map larger (I like to depict the surrounding weather
systems and winds)
and
- reverse the order of the winds (higher altitudes on top, lower on
bottom) to visually reflect the actual conditions.

Old September 9th 04, 04:02 AM
Wizard of Draws

wrote:

I've revised my personal weather brief form and posted it on my website for
anyone that might find it useful. If you have any suggestions to make it
better, please let me know.

http://www.wizardofdraws.com/main/wxbrief.html

Not picking, but wondering what you do on a long cross country where
you have two or three enroute reports?

My older version of the form had an enroute section, but I found I never
used it. Mostly I just put that sort of info in the notes section. My
longest flights are usually just over 100 miles. So I deleted it and put in
the flight plan form.
I just got my IFR rating so if it becomes necessary, I'll put it back in. Or
rework the older version...

Old September 9th 04, 04:08 AM
Wizard of Draws

On 9/8/04 10:39 PM, in article ,
"john smith" wrote:

Not bad.
Two nits...
- I would make the map larger (I like to depict the surrounding weather
systems and winds)
and
- reverse the order of the winds (higher altitudes on top, lower on
bottom) to visually reflect the actual conditions.

I've revised my personal weather brief form and posted it on my website for
anyone that might find it useful. If you have any suggestions to make it
better, please let me know.
http://www.wizardofdraws.com/main/wxbrief.html

Thanks for looking. I'll see what I can do about the map.

The order of the winds is that way because the briefer gives them out in
that order. I've tried to tailor the whole form to that format.

Old September 9th 04, 04:14 AM
Ben Jackson

In article m,
Wizard of Draws wrote:
I've revised my personal weather brief form and posted it on my website for
anyone that might find it useful. If you have any suggestions to make it
better, please let me know.

Looking at that form it seems like you could scrape a few weather sites
and fill all of that information in electronically. Now that would be
handy!

Has anyone else considered getting one of those portable printers and a
PDA for printing plates etc?

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/

Old September 9th 04, 03:14 PM
KayInPA

Wizard of Draws wrote in message news:BD65305E.20FA2%jeffbREMOVE@REMOVEwizardofdra ws.com...
I've revised my personal weather brief form and posted it on my website for
anyone that might find it useful.
http://www.wizardofdraws.com/main/wxbrief.html

Excellent. Thank you very much for this.

---
Kay
PP-ASEL
email: remove ns from aviationns
Old September 9th 04, 04:13 PM
C Kingsbury

Wizard of Draws wrote in message news:BD65305E.20FA2%jeffbREMOVE@REMOVEwizardofdra ws.com...

I've revised my personal weather brief form and posted it on my website for
anyone that might find it useful. If you have any suggestions to make it
better, please let me know.

http://www.wizardofdraws.com/main/wxbrief.html

I like it a lot as is- just a couple of possible suggestions:

1. Make the map regional instead of national, so you can put more
detail on it. But this means you have to maintain multiple versions,
etc...

2. If you have the right tools, render it as a fillable PDF form so
people can type in their non-changing flight plan info and save it.
Nitpick.

3. I personally would rather have an enroute Wx block than the 12000'
wind, but I'm in Boston.

4. Guessing you built this in Quark or some such, not in Word- I'd
like to have the source so I could modify this for my preferences
rather than nagging you

Best,
-cwk.
Old September 10th 04, 02:16 AM
Wizard of Draws

On 9/8/04 11:14 PM, in article aUP%c.150944$Fg5.22435@attbi_s53, "Ben
Jackson" wrote:

In article m,
Wizard of Draws wrote:
I've revised my personal weather brief form and posted it on my website for
anyone that might find it useful. If you have any suggestions to make it
better, please let me know.

Looking at that form it seems like you could scrape a few weather sites
and fill all of that information in electronically. Now that would be
handy!

Has anyone else considered getting one of those portable printers and a
PDA for printing plates etc?

Thanks Ben, I agree, but I wouldn't have a clue about how to go about that.