I just noticed

Old September 11th 19, 05:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default I just noticed

On Skysight, when you hover your cursor over any location, a readout of
the selected data is displayed.

Is this a new development or was I just late in noticing?Â* BTW, I like it!
--
Dan, 5J
Old September 11th 19, 05:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

On Wednesday, September 11, 2019 at 9:14:01 AM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
On Skysight, when you hover your cursor over any location, a readout of
the selected data is displayed.

Is this a new development or was I just late in noticing?Â* BTW, I like it!
--
Dan, 5J

Matthew has been meaning to introduce that for a bit, but Perlan has had his attention. It will eventually replace the right-click dialog box that gives numerical data for that point in the current parameter... Since most users don't take advantage of right clicks, or control-click on a macbook.
Jim
Old September 13th 19, 01:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, September 11, 2019 at 1:28:52 PM UTC-3, JS wrote:
On Wednesday, September 11, 2019 at 9:14:01 AM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
On Skysight, when you hover your cursor over any location, a readout of
the selected data is displayed.

Is this a new development or was I just late in noticing?Â* BTW, I like it!
--
Dan, 5J

Matthew has been meaning to introduce that for a bit, but Perlan has had his attention. It will eventually replace the right-click dialog box that gives numerical data for that point in the current parameter... Since most users don't take advantage of right clicks, or control-click on a macbook.
Jim

It's new as of about 2 days ago. Most users never discovered the right click functionality (how would they know to right click?).

The right click function can now be repurposed into some kind of power user functionality.
I'm toying with either a fast popup to select interactive point functions like SkewT, or retaining the present popup functionality but letting you add multiple all over the map so you can watch many points exact values change as you change the hours through the day.
Old September 13th 19, 05:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Sounds interesting.Â* Keep it coming, but maybe announce on this forum
when there's new functionality.

Great job, BTW!