Future of GA

Old October 24th 04, 12:12 AM
Gary Drescher

"Andrew Gideon" wrote in message
online.com...
Gary Drescher wrote:

TFR (unless you're on a Class B clearance;
then you're ok).

Yes? I didn't know this. I thought part 91 was prohibited in these Bush
TFRs. I'd not expect ATC to be making that distinction; rather, it's our
job. No?

The stadium TFR has an exception if you're "authorized by ATC". There's no
distinction as to Part 91. So if you have a clearance, you're ok.

--Gary

- Andrew

Old October 24th 04, 04:09 AM
NW_PILOT

The air and space around me is
mine.............................................. ....................... I
would fight a ban on GA like the NRA fights the ban on guns. And if they ban
GA how do they expect to get airline pilots the military???? No government
agency can be allowed to suppress your pursuit of life, liberty, and
happiness. I am only happy and at peace when I am flying it is my escape
some use drugs & alcohol I use an airplane!

Ill shut up there.

Old October 25th 04, 08:21 PM
Neil Gould

Recently, Peter Duniho posted:

"Andrew Sarangan" wrote in message
Many pilots I know seem to think that this new TSA rule is just the
beginning of things to come.

Beginning? Seems to me it's the middle of things to come.

One can only hope. Otherwise, it would get intolerably worse by the time
it gets to the "real" middle.

The only thing I'm not really all that sure of is whether I'll live
long enough to see the inevitable revolution. It might not happen
that soon, probably as much as 300-500 years in the future. But I
think it's definitely going to happen some day. It always does.

Well, there *are* ways to guarantee that you'll live long enough to see
the inevitable revolution...

Neil