Source of the Navaid AP-1 installation manual

Old April 22nd 08, 04:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jim Ham

Default Source of the Navaid AP-1 installation manual

As many of you already know Naviad Devices has gone belly-up. It's too
bad from my point of view, they have made an excellent autopilot for a
reasonable cost for many years.

Anyway, I have the AP-1 manual posted on my web site for anyone that
needs it. ftp://ftp.porcine.com/SmartCoupler/NavaidOCR.doc or
ftp://ftp.porcine.com/SmartCoupler/NavaidOCR.pdf, whichever format you
like.

For the record I will be supporting the built-in Smart Couplers that
were an option for the AP-1 for the last 10 years or so.

Regards,

Jim Ham
Porcine Associates (maker of the GPS Smart Coupler)
www.porcine.com
Old April 25th 08, 11:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Charlie[_2_]

Jim Ham wrote:
As many of you already know Naviad Devices has gone belly-up. It's too
bad from my point of view, they have made an excellent autopilot for a
reasonable cost for many years.

Anyway, I have the AP-1 manual posted on my web site for anyone that
needs it. ftp://ftp.porcine.com/SmartCoupler/NavaidOCR.doc or
ftp://ftp.porcine.com/SmartCoupler/NavaidOCR.pdf, whichever format you
like.

For the record I will be supporting the built-in Smart Couplers that
were an option for the AP-1 for the last 10 years or so.

Regards,

Jim Ham
Porcine Associates (maker of the GPS Smart Coupler)
www.porcine.com

I'm sure that will be helpful to many of us.

Do you also have access to schematics for the control head & servo
electronics? I had the misfortune to let the smoke out of my servo just
one day before reading the news of Navaid's demise. Repairing an analog
servo shouldn't be difficult for a decent tech, but a schematic would
ease the pain of troubleshooting by a lot.

Thanks,

Charlie