Comair Pilot Error

Old September 2nd 06, 08:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
cjcampbell

Default Comair Pilot Error

Dave Stadt wrote:

No, he deserves respect for being a human being.

I can think of thousands if not millions of human beings that deserve no
respect.

I can think of no one who deserves no respect. They may also deserve
justice. They may not deserve mercy. But everyone deserves respect.

Who are you to decide who deserves respect and who does not? No one
appointed you the final arbiter of respect.

We treat each other respectfully because that is the essence of
civilization. Refusal to respect one another leads to corruption,
crime, and conflict. Lack of respect means an end to the sanctity of
human life and property. There is a time to take human life, but one
should respect even one's enemies. Failure to do that will make you the
slave of your appetites, passions, and enemies.

Old September 2nd 06, 01:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

Nicely handled CJ!
Old September 2nd 06, 02:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

cjcampbell wrote:
Dave Stadt wrote:

No, he deserves respect for being a human being.

I can think of thousands if not millions of human beings that deserve no
respect.

I can think of no one who deserves no respect. They may also deserve
justice. They may not deserve mercy. But everyone deserves respect.

I don't think anyone deserves respect other that children under the age
of accountability. Beyond that you either earn respect or you don't.
Justice and mercy are different in my opinion. Everyone deserves
justice and most deserve mercy.

Matt
Old September 2nd 06, 02:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

cjcampbell wrote:

Emily wrote:

Grumman-581 wrote:

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 17:19:56 -0500, Emily
wrote:

No, he deserves respect for being a human being.

LMAO !! So, Ted Bundy and bin Laden also deserve respect for being a
human being?

I, for one, think that they do.

I don't consider them human.

Matt
Old September 2nd 06, 05:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_1_]

On 1 Sep 2006 23:11:56 -0700, "cjcampbell"
wrote:
No, just an elderly American missionary who thinks that all people
should be treated with respect. :-)

Hmmm... Missionary, huh? Oh well, that explains it... You're afraid
that my solution would seriously reduce your customer base...
Old September 2nd 06, 05:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_1_]

On 2 Sep 2006 00:33:54 -0700, "cjcampbell"
wrote:
So, if your family had been on that plane, and you would have gone to
the hospital and killed the pilot as he lay in his hospital bed, and
then his family would have come after you, and yours would go after
his, and the next thing you know you have the end of civilization.

As I sit here this morning, staring at the monitor, typing on my
keyboard, trying to get enough caffeine in me to feel semi-human while
coming down with a cold that my daughter probably brought home from
school, I have to think that civilization is entirely overrated...
Old September 3rd 06, 03:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
cjcampbell

wrote:
So, if your family had been on that plane, and you would have gone to
the hospital and killed the pilot as he lay in his hospital bed, and
then his family would have come after you, and yours would go after
his, and the next thing you know you have the end of civilization.

As I sit here this morning, staring at the monitor, typing on my
keyboard, trying to get enough caffeine in me to feel semi-human while
coming down with a cold that my daughter probably brought home from
school, I have to think that civilization is entirely overrated...

And as I sit here this morning, waiting to catch a plane to Manila
where I will have surgery for a hernia, I am almost inclined to agree.

Still, civilization has its advantages. Hernia surgery, I suppose, is
better than having some guy dressed in mask and feathers waving a stick
with a monkey's skull mounted on it over me.

Old September 3rd 06, 03:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
cjcampbell

wrote:
No, just an elderly American missionary who thinks that all people
should be treated with respect. :-)

Hmmm... Missionary, huh? Oh well, that explains it... You're afraid
that my solution would seriously reduce your customer base...

Nah. I'm a Mormon, so killing them does not affect our customer base at
all. :-)

Old September 3rd 06, 03:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
cjcampbell

Matt Whiting wrote:
cjcampbell wrote:

wrote:

No, he deserves respect for being a human being.

LMAO !! So, Ted Bundy and bin Laden also deserve respect for being a
human being?

I, for one, think that they do.

I don't consider them human.

To the contrary, I have never even heard of any animals that will act
like that. Mark Twain may have been right about the human race.

I respect people like Ted Bundy and bin Laden enough that I think they
deserve justice. I would not treat them unjustly, but I might not be
all that merciful, either.