intercom circuit Jim Weir

Old December 29th 06, 10:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
hedley

Default intercom circuit Jim Weir

Dear Sir ,

Complements of the season.

I am a 50 year old pilot who has an ultralight , 2 place with a Filser
radio and want to incorporate the following -:

Audio input from an IPOD ïƒ* Input 1
Normal VHF radio comms ïƒ* Input 2 which must override / auto mute the
input 1.
Output to headphones ïƒ* output 1
Output to a digital recorder for cockpit voice recording ïƒ* output 2

Can your summer circuit be used an if so how does the auto mute
activate eg can I change the input resistors to prioritise the Input 2.

Thanks
Hedley

Old December 29th 06, 07:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
RST Engineering

"hedley" wrote in message
ps.com...
Dear Sir ,

Complements of the season.

And the same to you, sir.

I am a 50 year old pilot who has an ultralight , 2 place with a Filser
radio and want to incorporate the following -:

I am not intimately familiar with the Filser radio, but as I understand it,
it is very similar to the Microair, Becker, and that line of radios.

Audio input from an IPOD ïƒ Input 1

There is a special character in there in the first letter after IPOD that I
am not familiar with. Could'ja use the 26 letter keyboard please?

Normal VHF radio comms ïƒ Input 2 which must override / auto mute the
input 1.
Output to headphones ïƒ output 1
Output to a digital recorder for cockpit voice recording ïƒ output 2

Can your summer circuit be used an if so how does the auto mute
activate eg can I change the input resistors to prioritise the Input 2.

What you are asking for is so far above a standard summing circuit that it
is like asking how to convert a 2-stroke model airplane engine into an
IO-360. The bottom line is that you are asking for a PRIORITY circuit, not
a summing circuit.

On the other hand, that might make a good KP column in the future.

Thanks,

Jim