Silent Skies

Old July 22nd 18, 11:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Silent Skies

After years of being shut down by POTUS vacations Skydive New England got permission to operate when POTUS was in Kennebunkport. Dropzone was one or two miles inside the TFR. We're almost up to twenty years of someone getting hosed by a TFR, nothing new here.

Old July 23rd 18, 05:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

I sorta wish they could come up with something similar to Camp David down by MASA/Fairfield, PA (yes, I have crewed and flown there). Penalties for busting it can be high, but it is small and the locals MAKE SURE you know about it. Active or not, basically, stay away......... Abusing the "R" can create a bigger issue with local airports.
Old July 23rd 18, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Should be "mang", spellcheck probably messed it up.....

Whatever, for the current WGC.......https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!...ng/LcdvubNyy9Q
Old July 25th 18, 04:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Larry Ruggiero

I was a member of MASA in 2010-11 and remember one Sunday while operating at Frederick, we suspected POTUS might be returning from Camp David during our ops. Sure enough we eventually saw both Marine One helos flying in trail straight toward the pattern area. Assuming they monitored UNICOM, our tow pilot radioed there were gliders in the area, and would they (Mar1) please turn further east, away from our area. They did and we all chuckled about having told POTUS where to go.
Old July 25th 18, 04:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

On Tuesday, July 24, 2018 at 11:15:54 PM UTC-4, Larry Ruggiero wrote:
I was a member of MASA in 2010-11 and remember one Sunday while operating at Frederick, we suspected POTUS might be returning from Camp David during our ops. Sure enough we eventually saw both Marine One helos flying in trail straight toward the pattern area. Assuming they monitored UNICOM, our tow pilot radioed there were gliders in the area, and would they (Mar1) please turn further east, away from our area. They did and we all chuckled about having told POTUS where to go.

At least you knew where the TFR was! I remember when Bush-II campaigned in Cleveland, OH and then took a bus to go to Akron, OH. There was supposed to be a 'moving TFR' around the bus. Flying north of the Akron airspace, I called Akron APP to find out, where the TFR was. The friendly controller asked 'Do you see any Black Hawks around you? If not, you are not in the TFR - yet!' That was a bit vague for us, so we retreated back to our home field east of Akron and packed it in for the day.

Uli
'AS'
Old July 27th 18, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Andddd.......the TFR just went up starting today through the weekend.....again......is sorta looking like a nice flying weekend as well, depending on how much rain we get with the front later.
Old July 28th 18, 02:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Ask for an exception. Been granted to others in the past. Or move the club to Wurtsboro for the next 6 years.
Old July 28th 18, 07:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Because he lives close and has properties?!?"

My home field is not screwed, but governors cup (sp) is screwed along with regular flying.
Now and then, or, small circle, fine.
But, sheesh....WTF (no, I don't mean Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.......).
Old July 28th 18, 09:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Saturday, July 28, 2018 at 12:54:42 PM UTC-4, 2G wrote:

Part of the reason for Trump’s vacation comes from the White House replacing its 27 year-old heating & cooling system and performing upgrades around the building, forcing all employees to clear out by the end of the week.

Repair workers are expected to work around the clock, with upgrades completed by August 21, 2017

Well, yes, we remember it well. We had Trump in Bedminster
for a couple of weeks, I think it was. And really, it's easier
to deal with 14 days straight instead of 7 weekends.

But anyway, that doesn't explain what he's up to this year.
Again, it's the weekend shut downs that are killing the training
and commercial operations on dozens of NJ airports. That's when
they do the big part of their training and sight-seeing operations.

Jim Beckman
Old July 28th 18, 09:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Saturday, July 28, 2018 at 9:48:47 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Ask for an exception. Been granted to others in the past. Or move the club to Wurtsboro for the next 6 years.

An exception? How about giving us the details, maybe we
can use it as an example, and ask for the same thing.

I guess the Festival of Ballooning is going on this weekend
at Solburg AP, but I've heard different versions of how they
can operate. The latest says that when the balloons launch,
the first and last balloons have to carry transponders, and
they can only fly if the wind is blowing away from Trump's
golf club.

Jim Beckman

Silent-IN Motorglider [email protected] Soaring 1 August 21st 04 03:17 PM
Silent-IN Motorglider [email protected] Soaring 2 August 20th 04 03:56 PM
Alisport Silent-IN willie Soaring 1 August 20th 04 12:40 AM
Silent-IN Motorglider Roger Pitlo Soaring 0 August 20th 04 12:02 AM
The not-so-noisy jet Silent Howard Banks Soaring 0 May 22nd 04 02:51 AM