Silent Skies

Old July 31st 18, 01:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
6PK

Default Silent Skies

On Monday, July 30, 2018 at 5:45:54 PM UTC-7, 6PK wrote:
On Monday, July 30, 2018 at 5:00:37 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sunday, July 29, 2018 at 11:21:35 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sunday, July 29, 2018 at 4:04:38 AM UTC-4, wrote:

Skydive New England got permission to jump during Bush vacation TFRs in Maine.

They were actually jumping inside the TFR? Or just
flying the jump plane in and out?

The glider club just outside of DC operates in or near the SuperDuperTFR.

Which TFR is that?

And some balloon guys apparently got permission.

For a one-time event, and a big deal that was scheduled months
(or years) in advance. And pretty heavily restricted.

Start with the FAA and work your way up the Secret Service.

I believe JRS did just that last year, asking for a cutout
or corridor like Stroudsburg has. Secret Service said no,
we aren't close enough to the TFR boundary. And I suspect
they'd pretty much require transponders in any gliders flying
within the boundary.

Jim Beckman

Yes they were jumping in the TFR. You say the balloon event was planned for a long time but your club has been around since the twenties. The DC area glider club has been mentioned here, I haven't looked at a sectional but understand they are close to Camp David and the DC permanent TFR. Separate your politics from the task at hand and go ask for permission or move. And please don't vote for Pocahontas in 2020 cause that would probably screw up my club. Lolz

POLITICS HAS PLACE AT RAS!

MEANT "NO" PLACE AT RAS!:-)
Old July 31st 18, 01:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Quebec

Oooh, more Trumpflake ranting. You voted for a corrupt traitor whose lies are endless.
And no, I didn’t lose, I don’t live in your uncivilised ********.
Old July 31st 18, 02:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

And no, I didn’t lose, I don’t live in your uncivilised ********.

Been to Australia many times (your own personal ********) but I had a great time, enjoyed myself immensely, made a lot of friends and will happily go back at any opportunity.

But, since I have some manners and don't feel the urge or have the entitlement to comment on another country's politics, I don't. I can't vote in Australia, so I do not have the right to criticize that wonderful nation. I would appreciate it if you would extend the same courtesy to the country that kept you from having to learn how to speak Japanese.

Something you should consider, CQ.

Old July 31st 18, 02:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Yes they were jumping in the TFR.

The jumpers have some advantages in that they don't travel a
very long distance horizontally, and the jump planes are
transponder equipped. Of course our towplanes are similarly
equipped, but once the gliders release, where they go is hard
to predict.

Separate your politics from the task at hand and go

ask for permission or move.

That's already been done, and the Secret Service said no.
I understand what the SS is trying to do -- sanitize the
airspace around the President wherever he is, so that any
unidentified aircraft in the zone is a legitimate target.
Given that powered GA aircraft aren't allowed to just
wander around in the TFR, I don't see any hope for gliders.
It's a bad situation and we're stuck with it. Gliding
has been fading away gradually for years around here.
The Blairstown club and commercial operations are the only
gliding activity left in all of New Jersey. I'm appalled
by the idea that it could be Donald Trump that puts the
final nail in the coffin, but it could very well happen.

I know that AOPA is trying to work out some sort of
compromise, and I have a lot more hope in them being
able to accomplish something than the SSA. So everybody
should be a member of AOPA if you're not already.

Jim Beckman

Old July 31st 18, 05:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, July 30, 2018 at 8:48:13 PM UTC-4, 6PK wrote:
POLITICS HAS [NO] PLACE AT RAS!

Right. All of us here share the love of motorless flight. We're all different in other ways, including politics. Let's use this "newsgroup" to discuss flying. Here, and when we go to the airport, it should be a break from the rest of our lives that are filled with political strife.
Old July 31st 18, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Monday, July 30, 2018 at 5:58:29 PM UTC-7, Charlie Quebec wrote:
Oooh, more Trumpflake ranting. You voted for a corrupt traitor whose lies are endless.
And no, I didn’t lose, I don’t live in your uncivilised ********.

It DOESN'T MATTER where you live: you attitude, comments, thoughts, points of view, political commentary are UNWELCOME HERE! PERIOD!! There are other forums devoted to this garbage - take them THERE! You ARE a loser - you just DON'T KNOW IT!!!

Tom
Old August 1st 18, 07:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Annnddddd....this weeks TFR for NJ just popped up. Another no fly weekend for this area.
Old August 1st 18, 08:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 2:55:58 PM UTC-4, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
Annnddddd....this weeks TFR for NJ just popped up. Another no fly weekend for this area.

Make America Grounded Again
UH
Old August 1st 18, 09:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 2:55:58 PM UTC-4, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
Annnddddd....this weeks TFR for NJ just popped up. Another no fly weekend for this area.

It's even better than that. Check the dates.

9:00 PM EDT Thursday, August 2, 2018 until 8:00 PM
EDT Monday, August 13, 2018

That's two weekends and all week in between. This will
make six weekends out of seven running that the President
has graced northern NJ with his golf game. Doesn't he
have anything else to do? Then again, maybe it's better
if he plays golf.

Jim Beckman
Old August 1st 18, 09:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, July 30, 2018 at 8:00:37 PM UTC-4, wrote:

And please don't vote for Pocahontas in 2020 cause that would probably screw up my club.

I don't think any President has spent as much time away
from D.C. as the current resident of the White House.
This latest TFR makes it six out of seven weekends so far.
More to come. So much winning!

Jim Beckman

Silent-IN Motorglider [email protected] Soaring 1 August 21st 04 03:17 PM
Silent-IN Motorglider [email protected] Soaring 2 August 20th 04 03:56 PM
Alisport Silent-IN willie Soaring 1 August 20th 04 12:40 AM
Silent-IN Motorglider Roger Pitlo Soaring 0 August 20th 04 12:02 AM
The not-so-noisy jet Silent Howard Banks Soaring 0 May 22nd 04 02:51 AM