Libelle 301 For Sale - Junior Owner Wanted

Old September 30th 16, 07:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kevin Christner

Default Libelle 301 For Sale - Junior Owner Wanted

I am downsizing my glider fleet and am looking to sell my Libelle 301. I'm willing to do an interesting deal for the right junior. I was lucky growing up that my parents had the resources to buy me a series of gliders, but I realize that many (most) don't have this luxury. It's time to figure out how to pay it forward.

The deal is I'll sell the glider to the right junior (PPG and must have an experienced mentor) no money down plus a note of $100/mo as a "rental" sort of payment. If the junior is no longer actively using the glider then we'll work to find another one and I'll facilitate a transfer of the remaining note balance. Once the glider is completely paid off I'll ask that it be passed down $1 at a time. I know there is no way to truly make sure this happens, but its the soaring world, and I've never seen anyone not do the right thing.

Here is a dropbox with some pictures:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7o1fvvjex...2D2Ql2wNa?dl=0

Gelcoat ain't great (5/10 - I'm sure some sanding, buffing and polishing would greatly improve the appearance) but its well instrumented for XC and contest flying (S10, LX7007, Colibri II and Oudie) and the trailer works and tows very easily.

Contact away. Hopefully this works out.

2C
Old September 30th 16, 08:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston

On Friday, September 30, 2016 at 11:52:09 AM UTC-7, Kevin Christner wrote:
[...]

Kevin, great offer. Kudos for paying it forward. Another option might be donation (or partial donation) to a soaring club with suitable emphasis on developing youngpilots. If the club has 501 c3 status you can claim a tax deduction.

Best,
Craig
Old September 30th 16, 08:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Citrus Soaring Club

Awesome idea!!

Please contact me I have some great juniors in mind. I'm in the process of developing a youth program with a focus on contest flying.

Office (at) citrussoaringclub dot com

Thanks
Old September 30th 16, 08:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kevin Christner

Kevin, great offer. Kudos for paying it forward. Another option might be donation (or partial donation) to a soaring club with suitable emphasis on developing youngpilots. If the club has 501 c3 status you can claim a tax deduction.

Best,
Craig

Thanks Craig. I did consider this but was concerned it would end up in the middle of club politics and not move if no juniors were around to fly it because "we will have someone soon." I have more faith in a current owner doing the right thing.

2C
Old September 30th 16, 09:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston

On Friday, September 30, 2016 at 12:45:41 PM UTC-7, Kevin Christner wrote:

Kevin, great offer. Kudos for paying it forward. Another option might be donation (or partial donation) to a soaring club with suitable emphasis on developing youngpilots. If the club has 501 c3 status you can claim a tax deduction.

Best,
Craig

Thanks Craig. I did consider this but was concerned it would end up in the middle of club politics and not move if no juniors were around to fly it because "we will have someone soon." I have more faith in a current owner doing the right thing.

2C

Understood Kevin. It would have to be an organization with a proven track record. I was amazed (impressed) when a friend in Germany donated a brand new glider to his club. It's my understanding this type of long term support by older members isn't unusual in European clubs. Hoping we'll catch up some day (or at least try).

Cheers
Old October 1st 16, 01:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Kevin, I am a junior at the mid Atlantic soaring association. I'm 19, and am at a frustrating point in soaring. I am ready to go cross country and really hone in on my skills as a glider pilot, but am limited to club gliders. I am interested. Please email me.
James Joao

240-651-4360
Old October 2nd 16, 04:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kevin Christner

All,

I've gotten quite the response to this. A few thoughts:

Obviously there are many deserving juniors, and only one (well maybe more than one... see below) glider "for sale" at the moment. We all now of the glider that hasn't come out of the trailer in ten years. I'd like folks to think about contacting those owners, explaining the "program" to them and seeing if we can't come up with a few more gliders!

Secondly, I have a second glider I'd be willing to part with, but this one needs some work and money to be ready. I'm not particularly interested in investing more myself, but if there were some folks out there who would be willing to make some small donations of either money or equipment (newer vario and one man rigger would be particularly useful) please contact me.

Best,

2C

Old June 8th 17, 08:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Guinn

Kevin, I'd be willing on a parachute...

call if this is still an open item
Gary
918-704-0277
Tulsa

Old February 25th 18, 06:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hi Kevin my name is Wyll Soll and I am a junior glider pilot out of San Luis Obispo. My guess is that this glider has already moved on to a new owner, but I figured I would post just in case. I am a part of a A gliding club of students at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo ( http://akslo.com ). We fly out of Avenal CA and promote aviation and soaring to young people both at Cal Poly and in the surrounding community. A few other members of the club and I are looking to purchase a glider and this seemed like a very good fit for what you were looking for. Any way if it is still available or if you have a lead on other inexpensive gliders that could be a good option for new up an coming junior pilots let me know. My email is

Thanks
Wyll Soll