Fastest 100hp homebuilt or kit?

Old November 12th 05, 12:37 AM
tom pettit

Default Fastest 100hp homebuilt or kit?

Okay, I don't want to pay the fuel bill on a monster engine. I do want to
go fast. What kit or plans homebuilt will go 200 mph on 100 hp?

tom

Old November 12th 05, 12:54 AM
John Ammeter

tom pettit tompetatpeak wrote:
Okay, I don't want to pay the fuel bill on a monster engine. I do want to
go fast. What kit or plans homebuilt will go 200 mph on 100 hp?

tom

Most will easily go over 200 mph..... straight down...

John
Old November 12th 05, 01:01 AM
Jim Carriere

John Ammeter wrote:

tom pettit tompetatpeak wrote:
Okay, I don't want to pay the fuel bill on a monster engine. I do
want to go fast. What kit or plans homebuilt will go 200 mph on 100 hp?

tom

Most will easily go over 200 mph..... straight down...

LOL

Serious answer, Vari Eze comes close, probably not too many others.
Old November 12th 05, 01:49 AM
GTH

Jim Carriere a écrit :
John Ammeter wrote:

tom pettit tompetatpeak wrote:

Okay, I don't want to pay the fuel bill on a monster engine. I do
want to go fast. What kit or plans homebuilt will go 200 mph on 100 hp?

tom

Most will easily go over 200 mph..... straight down...

LOL

Serious answer, Vari Eze comes close, probably not too many others.

Hi all,

I'm not aware of any homebuilt flying that fast straight and level on
100 hp.
In my hangar there are two LongEze, and they are not capable of doing
more than 165-175 mph at full throttle. It is no surprise when we
consider the large wing and small pusher propeller.

The fastest 100 hp kitplane I know of is the Dyn Aero MCR 01, reaching
190-195 mph with a Rotax 912S.

I've just built a four seater version with a Rotax 914 100 hp turbo, and
we recorded 181 mph at 100 % power. I'm using the 3 GPS method.

More info in English at
http://www.avnet.co.uk/lts/index.html

You'll see a short takeoff video on my website.

Regards,
Gilles Thesee
Grenoble, France
http://contrails.free.fr
Old November 12th 05, 01:59 AM
Adetokunbo Desalu

Very funny!

On serious matter...
200mph on 100 horsepower? Rare! In this category, you will have to look at
single seat aircraft. On top of my head, Midget Mustang from Mustang
Aeronautics is a good example. AR-5 from www.ar-5.com is another example
but I'm not sure if you can get your hand on them. I can't think of others
but it is a start.

--
Toks Desalu
PP-ASEL

Old November 12th 05, 02:05 AM
Montblack

("tom pettit peak org")
Okay, I don't want to pay the fuel bill on a monster engine. I do want
to go fast. What kit or plans homebuilt will go 200 mph on 100 hp?

http://www.mustangaero.com/
Midget Mustang
Aluminum, single-place, aerobatic speed machine!
200 mph with a 100hp Continental O-200

http://www.mustangaero.com/Midget%20Mustang/Midget%20Mustang.html
With a 100hp Continental it will have a top speed close to 200mph and can
cruise over 175mph burning only 6gal/hr.

Montblack

Old November 12th 05, 02:37 AM
Robert Little

Lightning Bug is a glass 100 hp canoe that cruised over 200 mph with a 6'4"
x 240 lb pilot. Simply, a single place White Lightning. It flies with a
inline 3-cylinder AMW (?).

Old November 12th 05, 02:41 AM
Kyle Boatright

A Cassuit or other F-1 racing design would come close, depending on how much
attention you paid to building a straight, clean airframe.

Old November 12th 05, 06:36 AM
ric

It's actually "Cassutt", and they claim 200-230mph.
See http://cassutt.lornet.com/

Ric

Old November 12th 05, 09:15 AM

One that is rarely mentioned is the mini-IMP http://www.mini-imp.com/