Fastest 100hp homebuilt or kit?

Old November 14th 05, 11:40 PM
Richard Lamb

Default Fastest 100hp homebuilt or kit?

I'm nearly 6' 3 and 300 pounds and found the Pulsar to be quite
comfortable.
Snug, yes, but no problem...

Yes, it does have a seriously reclined seat.

Richard

Old November 14th 05, 11:42 PM
Richard Lamb

Ok, I went on a quick diet and lost 100 pounds in the last minute or
so...

Richard

Old November 15th 05, 03:57 AM
tom pettit

Thanks all, for the suggestions. This will keep me busy looking things
over. Your help saved lots of searching.

tom

Old November 15th 05, 04:45 AM
Mark Hickey

"Richard Lamb" wrote:

Ok, I went on a quick diet and lost 100 pounds in the last minute or
so...

I know people who post here semi-regularly who lose that with one good
enema...

Mark "no names" Hickey
Old November 20th 05, 07:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

GTH wrote:
firstflight a écrit :
How about 200kts on 80hp engine? 2 seats.
http://www.lhaviation.com/site_frame...rges/index.htm

LH-10 Ellipse. Might have to wait a few years, but I know I want one!

You bet !

A magnificent example of vapor technology ;-)
Unobtanium wings with Gossamer skin on helium-cell Futurium foam,
Not-Yet-Invented engine and No-Drag01 airfoil, the lot...

I saw the mockup at the Blois Show (France) last September.
IMHO, a very good add-on to MS Flight Simulator.

Regards,
Gilles Thesee
Grenoble, France
http://contrails.free.fr

Not sure about the plane yet, but you'll notice on their website that
they no longer tout their " in-development " engine. They now list the
Jabiru 2200 as their powerplant.

Neal

Old November 24th 05, 05:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Hi! Klaus probably has more like about 125hp at the rated 2750 rpm and
sea-level, and turns only around or slightly above 3000 rpm in a race
at Reno's 7000' density altitude. His forte is that he's reduced his
EZE's drag incredibly!
I recently tested my Lancair 235 with an O-235 at 210 mph TAS at 4500'
dalt, 2910 rpm.I typically cruise 198 mph TAS at 2750 rpm at 14,500
dalt, 5.8 gph.
Jim Patillo's Q200 will do about 200 mph at 5000' dalt at 3000 rpm. I
tested his plane at the Livermore Quickie fly-in this past summer with
my three-blade prop, and NO spinner. He did 189 mph TAS at 5300' dalt,
2550 rpm. Correcting his TAS for my spinner on-spinner off ratio-test
in my Lancair, and estimating what his results would be with a similar
efficiency prop turning 3000 rpm yields 203 mph TAS. A well-built
Quickie with a good prop is a good machine!

Old November 24th 05, 06:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Hi! It's very important when discussing speeds that you designate TAS,
density altitude and rpm. Typically your speed will decrease about
0.6%/1000' increase in altitude. Thus a plane with a normally-aspirated
engine that goes 200 mph TAS at sea-level and 2750 rpm will be down to
about 189 mph TAS at 10,000' density altitude and about 2600 rpm.
Indicated airspeeds, without a calibrated and properly-located static
port and OAT sensor, are pretty meaningless. Also, due to dynamic (RAM)
pressure effect on engine power at 200 mph TAS, you have to be at about
9500' density altitude to obtain 75% power at rated rpm, not
7500'-8000' as usually assumed. At that density altitude and TAS, IAS
is 173 mph. Sea-level power at 200 mph TAS will be about 105% due to
RAM.

Old November 26th 05, 07:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Maybe the answer the original poster is looking for is to be able to
make power up high where the air is thin, so something like a Europa
with a Rotax 914. Otherwise I don't see 2 seats going 200mph on 100hp.

Old December 12th 05, 10:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Taylor Mini-IMP

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 15:37:51 -0800, "tom pettit"
tompetatpeakdotorg wrote:

Okay, I don't want to pay the fuel bill on a monster engine. I do want to
go fast. What kit or plans homebuilt will go 200 mph on 100 hp?

tom