Bobcat/Supercat plans, info?

Old May 23rd 07, 11:47 AM
Chris Wells Chris Wells is offline
Senior Member

Default Bobcat/Supercat plans, info?

I was wondering if anyone here had any direct experience with these planes, and could give me some basic info? Can they be made 103-legal? Are plans still available? How easy to build & fly, stall speed & characteristics, etc.?
Old May 24th 07, 04:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb himself

Chris Wells wrote:

I was wondering if anyone here had any direct experience with these
planes, and could give me some basic info? Can they be made 103-legal?
Are plans still available? How easy to build & fly, stall speed &
characteristics, etc.?

I doubt you'll get one down to the weight and performanve requirements
of 103.7. Just not enough wing to meet the stall speed.
Old November 22nd 07, 02:13 PM
Chris Wells Chris Wells is offline
Senior Member

Ok, say I build one to register as an LSA, then get a Sport Pilot licence (or vice versa). Can I get plans somewhere? How do these planes behave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavelamb himself View Post

Old January 28th 08, 03:27 AM
Steve Carruthers Steve Carruthers is offline
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wells View Post
Ok, say I build one to register as an LSA, then get a Sport Pilot licence (or vice versa). Can I get plans somewhere? How do these planes behave?
Chris,

Yes, the Bobcat can be built part 103 legal the original waas weighed at Oshkosh before it was allowed to fly. However most would fit into the LSA or experimental catagory as does mine.

Yes plans are available and both the Bobcat or Supercat can be built from the same plans. I am the owner of the rights for the plans and I am also the owner of Supercat N70096. My planwe has been flying since April of 1994 and is still flying today. So send me an email and I can give you more information about the plane.

Regards,

Steve Carruthers
Old September 17th 08, 06:09 PM
mitchw62 mitchw62 is offline
Junior Member

Location: Oklahoma

Steve,
I have a student who has purchased a supercat without an engine, here in Oklahoma. I'd like some information about this airplane design, allowable CG, and operating limitations...Engine options and max weight?

Mitch
n1345patsuddenlinkdotnet
learn2fly www.chickashawings.com
Old December 26th 09, 04:08 AM
TonyE TonyE is offline
Junior Member

I am planning to attempt my first build and would like to find plans for the Bobby Baker/First Strike Super Bobcat. Looks like a really small Ag Cat. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Carruthers View Post

Old November 9th 11, 08:07 AM
VonPeeps VonPeeps is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Carruthers View Post
Chris,

Yes, the Bobcat can be built part 103 legal the original waas weighed at Oshkosh before it was allowed to fly. However most would fit into the LSA or experimental catagory as does mine.

Yes plans are available and both the Bobcat or Supercat can be built from the same plans. I am the owner of the rights for the plans and I am also the owner of Supercat N70096. My planwe has been flying since April of 1994 and is still flying today. So send me an email and I can give you more information about the plane.

Regards,

Steve Carruthers
Steve I am looking for the plans to build a Reg 103 bobcat. I have had no luck. Since you r the man who built this originally. could you help me?
Dennis

Last edited by VonPeeps : November 9th 11 at 08:09 AM.
Old April 11th 12, 02:49 PM
Casey Clift Casey Clift is offline
Junior Member

Default Super Bobcat

I just bought a Super Bobcat and need an engine, Does anyone know if the Hieth 2706 (65hp with a 3:16:1 reduction drive) will work in this plane? thanks Casey P.S. Can I still buy the plans for this plane?

Last edited by Casey Clift : April 11th 12 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Mispelling and addition
Old February 28th 13, 09:17 PM
Arctocephalus Arctocephalus is offline
Junior Member

Hi Steve, i know it was a while back since you sent this message to another member, but i would be interested in picking up some plans to build the Supercat. I'm in the process of getting my PPL and would like a cheap plane of my own. Am handy with wood and mechanics, but would appreciate your advice on (i) what the best engine would be, (ii) hints on modifications or improvements and (iii) dos and donts when building. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Happy to pass on email address and phone number if this would help.

Cheers, Derek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Carruthers View Post
Chris,

Yes, the Bobcat can be built part 103 legal the original waas weighed at Oshkosh before it was allowed to fly......plans are available and both the Bobcat or Supercat can be built from the same plans. I am the owner of the rights for the plans......send me an email and I can give you more information about the plane.

Regards,

Steve Carruthers
Old January 13th 14, 01:24 AM
burleyclay burleyclay is offline
Junior Member

Steve,

I just bought a SuperCat and would like to do some work on it, maybe some slight modifications. Are you still working with the Supercat, and are plans still available?

Thanks!