B767 thrust

Old January 22nd 07, 12:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kevin

Default B767 thrust

According to the type certificate data sheet for the Pratt and Whitney
62,000 thrust engine, the max continuous thrust should be ~52,000 and
the 62,000 for 5 minutes max. The question is, does N1 @ 100% produce
52,000 lbs of thrust or does it produce 60,200 lbs of thurst? Any
airline pilots out there that can shed light on this?
Thanks, Kevin

Old January 22nd 07, 01:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Moore

Kevin wrote

According to the type certificate data sheet for the Pratt and Whitney
62,000 thrust engine, the max continuous thrust should be ~52,000 and
the 62,000 for 5 minutes max. The question is, does N1 @ 100% produce
52,000 lbs of thrust or does it produce 60,200 lbs of thurst? Any
airline pilots out there that can shed light on this?

Neither...N1 for a given thrust rating will vary with Temp/Pressure.
Airline engines are not "full throttle" engines while during my time,
military engines were. A military engine was set to produce 100% RPM
at full throttle, and they accepted either more or less thrust depending
on Temp/Pressure conditions. For commercial engines, an EPR/RPM is
computed for each takeoff and the thrust lever adjusted to obtain that
value.

Bob Moore
ATP B-727 B-707
Old January 24th 07, 02:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kingfish

On Jan 22, 7:42 am, "Kevin" wrote:
According to the type certificate data sheet for the Pratt and Whitney
62,000 thrust engine, the max continuous thrust should be ~52,000 and
the 62,000 for 5 minutes max. The question is, does N1 @ 100% produce
52,000 lbs of thrust or does it produce 60,200 lbs of thurst? Any
airline pilots out there that can shed light on this?
Thanks, Kevin

Why do you ask Kevin? Are you putting a PW4000 on a homebuilt? G

Old January 24th 07, 05:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kevin

I wish...But, no. I am asking b/c we're trying to configure an
aircraft in x-plane flight simulator and we'd like for everything to be
as realistic as possible. I disguised the question to ward off those
who are critical of others that post topics in groups that aren't
directly related to that specific group...
thanks, Kevin