Piper PA25 Tost tow release conversion

Old March 19th 18, 07:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Piper PA25 Tost tow release conversion

We have run into an issue with the rear most anchoring bolts. The Tost kit as supplied uses AN6 bolts. The existing mounting holes are AN4. Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Dan
765 744 4132
Old March 19th 18, 08:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

3/8" drill bit?
Old March 19th 18, 09:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ken Fixter[_2_]

At 19:56 19 March 2018, Tony wrote:
3/8" drill bit?

No I think better to sleev tost down to AN4, or contact tost with with

the problem.
KF

Old March 19th 18, 11:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

Sawzall all the things!!!!!
Old March 20th 18, 12:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

On Monday, March 19, 2018 at 6:34:24 PM UTC-4, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
Sawzall all the things!!!!!

You could be the next youtube sensation....
Old March 20th 18, 03:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

On Monday, March 19, 2018 at 1:13:33 PM UTC-5, wrote:
We have run into an issue with the rear most anchoring bolts. The Tost kit as supplied uses AN6 bolts. The existing mounting holes are AN4. Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Dan
765 744 4132

Daniel, we just finishes installing a Tost CRG winch system in our Pawnee and may be able to help. PM me and lets figure this out.

We (SLSA) have Tost winches in both our Pawnees and love them.

Kirk

kirk dot stant at gmail dot com
Old March 20th 18, 10:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, March 19, 2018 at 2:13:33 PM UTC-4, wrote:
We have run into an issue with the rear most anchoring bolts. The Tost kit as supplied uses AN6 bolts. The existing mounting holes are AN4. Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Dan
765 744 4132

Sleeve it down, do not drill!

TOST Release Failure - Two Uncommanded Release's [email protected] Soaring 11 October 13th 12 10:23 AM
PA25 Hutch Conversion Data [email protected] Soaring 0 October 20th 10 11:43 PM
Anyone have a Tost release? noel.wade Soaring 5 June 10th 10 04:36 AM
FS Tost E85 Release scooter Soaring 0 March 7th 06 03:31 AM
FS Tost E85 Release scooter Soaring 0 November 22nd 05 02:11 AM