I'm calling it The Little Mermaid

Old March 14th 05, 07:38 PM
Montblack

Default I'm calling it The Little Mermaid

High Performance Aircraft out of Germany - HPA TT62
http://www.hp-aircraft.de/edoc/tech.html

Two Thielert Centurion 4.0 V8-Diesels - turbocharged and liquid cooled. The
engines are positioned side-by-side inside the aft fuselage. Each engine
drives a five bladed prop mounted on a pylon.

Looks like the Germans went way back to the drawing board, like 1903.

[Daydreaming] ...make it a single 4 cylinder diesel engine. Two pylon props,
two seats in tandem, FG, then give it a pointy nose with a sliding fighter
canopy. Now that would be a cool (looking) little plane. (Scroll down in the
link to the front-on view of the plane to see what I mean) Something the
size of an RV-4 would be good.

I'm calling it The Little Mermaid.

Wonder if for all the trade-offs and compromises, you gain anything with one
engine and two pylon props?

Montblack

Old March 14th 05, 07:59 PM
Montblack

(Scroll down in the link to the front-on view of the plane to see what I
mean)

This link has the head-on photo (part way down the page)
http://www.hp-aircraft.de/edoc/news.html

Montblack

Old March 14th 05, 08:26 PM
Rich S.

"Montblack" wrote in message
High Performance Aircraft out of Germany - HPA TT62
http://www.hp-aircraft.de/edoc/tech.html

Two Thielert Centurion 4.0 V8-Diesels - turbocharged and liquid cooled.
The engines are positioned side-by-side inside the aft fuselage. Each
engine drives a five bladed prop mounted on a pylon.

Hmmm....... Five seats and a 594 lb. useful load at full fuel. Trade-off I
guess.

Rich S.

Old March 14th 05, 08:29 PM
Icebound

"Montblack" wrote in message
High Performance Aircraft out of Germany - HPA TT62
http://www.hp-aircraft.de/edoc/tech.html

Two Thielert Centurion 4.0 V8-Diesels - turbocharged and liquid cooled.
The engines are positioned side-by-side inside the aft fuselage. Each
engine drives a five bladed prop mounted on a pylon.

Wonder if for all the trade-offs and compromises, you gain anything with
one engine and two pylon props?

Maybe this quote on another page from that site tells it all:

quote:
The first flight has been done successfully but the anticipitations (sic)
in the performance dates [sic... probably meant "anticipated performance
data"] of the TT62 could not be shown satisfactorily. The engineers were not
satisfied totally. Now the evaluation has started and that will be a lot of
work.
:unquote

Old March 14th 05, 08:46 PM
Bill Daniels

"Rich S." wrote in message

Hmmm....... Five seats and a 594 lb. useful load at full fuel. Trade-off I
guess.

Rich S.

Crap! They need larger tanks.

A solo Atlantic crossing would leave those 594 pounds (less pilot and
toothbrush) unavailable for fuel.

If you need more payload, just don't fill the tanks to the top.

Bill Daniels

Old March 14th 05, 09:16 PM
jsmith

It's a twin!
It will always be a tradeoff.

Old March 14th 05, 10:01 PM
Rich S.

"jsmith" wrote in message
It's a twin!
It will always be a tradeoff.

Rich S. wrote:
Hmmm....... Five seats and a 594 lb. useful load at full fuel. Trade-off
I guess.

But I wanted to load Ammeter on board, fly to Kansas (or Iowa or where ever
inthehell he is) pick up Oyster and fly'em both to Oshkosh.

Rich "What was the phone number for that Russky transport company?" S.

Old March 15th 05, 01:27 AM
John Ammeter

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 13:01:43 -0800, "Rich S."
wrote:

"jsmith" wrote in message
. ..
It's a twin!
It will always be a tradeoff.

Rich S. wrote:
Hmmm....... Five seats and a 594 lb. useful load at full fuel. Trade-off
I guess.

But I wanted to load Ammeter on board, fly to Kansas (or Iowa or where ever
inthehell he is) pick up Oyster and fly'em both to Oshkosh.

Rich "What was the phone number for that Russky transport company?" S.

Hmmm 594 pounds useful load?? Ok, that's Oyster and me if
we don't bring any baggage. You can take the train and meet
us there...

John
Old March 15th 05, 01:57 AM
Larry Dighera

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 12:38:56 -0600, "Montblack"
wrote in
::

High Performance Aircraft out of Germany - HPA TT62
http://www.hp-aircraft.de/edoc/tech.html

It's an interesting design. Is it a home built?

Old March 15th 05, 02:02 AM
Rich S.

"John Ammeter" wrote in message

Hmmm 594 pounds useful load?? Ok, that's Oyster and me if
we don't bring any baggage. You can take the train and meet
us there...

I'm thinkin' we need three of them and we could start an aerobatic team. Das
Wunderkind??

Rich S.