glider simulators

Old May 2nd 08, 02:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Phillip LaBerge

Default glider simulators

Does anyone know of a good flight simulator program for a laptop? I
have several pre-solo students who are big in flight simulator
programs for powered airplanes and there seem to be a few programs on
the net for gliders. Any opinions on which one is the best would be
appreciated.
Phillip LaBerge
Old May 2nd 08, 02:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Randy[_2_]

I would highly recommend Condor The Competition Soaring Simulator.
http://condorsoaring.com/

Randy
Old May 2nd 08, 02:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Phillip,

I highly recommend Condor. I am just now setting up my web page for Condor.
It will be available on my web site in a day or 2.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

Old May 2nd 08, 03:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Shawn[_5_]

Phillip LaBerge wrote:
Does anyone know of a good flight simulator program for a laptop? I
have several pre-solo students who are big in flight simulator
programs for powered airplanes and there seem to be a few programs on
the net for gliders. Any opinions on which one is the best would be
appreciated.
Phillip LaBerge

+1 Condor. There are a few other good soaring sims out there, but
Condor has the largest support community, and seems to have the best
online racing as well. As I understand it, Condor runs well on
computers with integrated graphics and doesn't require a dedicated
graphics card for acceptable performance. FIY, I run it on an Intel
iMac running XP, with great results.

Shawn
Old May 2nd 08, 04:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
noel.wade

I'm an IT professional by day, so I'm _almost_ as obsessed about
technological things as I am about flying. :-)

I've also been playing with various consumer-level flight simulators
since I was 8 years old (22 years of experience).

I tried just about every soaring simulator out there over the last 2 -
3 years, and Condor is far and away the best!

Take care,

--Noel
P.S. I have found that the few people that don't like Condor never
took the time to properly configure their joystick or the graphics -
so the program never ran well, or the planes were too hard to control.
Old May 2nd 08, 04:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kloudy via AviationKB.com

Phillip LaBerge wrote:
Does anyone know of a good flight simulator program for a laptop?
Phillip LaBerge

Condor.

And it was made by just a couple of cats in Slovenia.
Go figger.

Old May 4th 08, 05:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

I have finally added the Condor Competition Soaring Simulator for PC to my
web site. You can see details he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/condor.htm

Old May 4th 08, 02:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill Daniels

"Paul Remde" wrote in message
Hi,

I have finally added the Condor Competition Soaring Simulator for PC to my
web site. You can see details he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/condor.htm

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

"Phillip LaBerge" wrote in message
Does anyone know of a good flight simulator program for a laptop? I
have several pre-solo students who are big in flight simulator
programs for powered airplanes and there seem to be a few programs on
the net for gliders. Any opinions on which one is the best would be
appreciated.
Phillip LaBerge

Cool, Paul

Now, please add your usual expertise to computer preipherals used with
Condor like force feedback control sticks and rudder pedals. There's a
whole hobby of building realistic cockpits to go with this simulator. A
simple, inexpensive chair/cockpit system would be very welcome.

Bill Daniels

Old May 4th 08, 02:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony Verhulst

Bill Daniels wrote:
... There's a
whole hobby of building realistic cockpits to go with this simulator.

Would those hobbyists have web sites?

Tony V
Old May 4th 08, 03:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Colin Field[_3_]

On May 4, 7:37*am, "Bill Daniels" bildan@comcast-dot-net wrote:
"Paul Remde" wrote in message

Hi,

I have finally added the Condor Competition Soaring Simulator for PC to my
web site. *You can see details he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/condor.htm

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

Looks good Paul- however, I notice that Condor's main page (which you
appear to have taken the text, photos and movies from) has not been
updated for a while. You may want to browse through the forum (which I
am a member of) and take a look at the new-style sceneries such as
Slovakia v3 and Alpi v3, which have had an incredible amount of work
put into them and nearly match the realism of the MSFS sceneries.
There's also a thread of Best Screenshots with some remarkable
pictures (realistic as well as crazy), and a fair few films on YouTube
showing people racing in multiplayer, or simply having fun. Have a
look he http://forum.condorsoaring.com

Plane Pack 2 is also being developed, which includes 3 2-seat gliders
implying that very soon we'll be able to fly 2-up, making way for a
multiplayer flight school or simply a mutual cross-country. There's a
lot of other features hinted at being in the pipeline including SLMGs
and even more advanced weather.

Keep up the great work!

IFR simulators Tony Owning 8 October 27th 03 08:42 PM
IFR simulators Richard Kaplan Instrument Flight Rules 3 July 24th 03 03:53 AM