1-26 Nationals?

Old July 17th 12, 05:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Default 1-26 Nationals?

I think there's a Nationals going on, but I'm not sure. The contest is over in two days, and so far no word on who's winning or even if there are scores. Anybody have any intel?
Old July 17th 12, 05:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, July 17, 2012 10:16:45 AM UTC-6, Papa3 wrote:
I think there's a Nationals going on, but I'm not sure. The contest is over in two days, and so far no word on who's winning or even if there are scores. Anybody have any intel?

http://www.ssa.org/members/contestre...isplay=results

The 1-26 Nationals are being held concurrent with the 13M regional and the reporting is combined.
Old July 17th 12, 05:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

On Tuesday, July 17, 2012 12:26:25 PM UTC-4, K wrote:
On Tuesday, July 17, 2012 10:16:45 AM UTC-6, Papa3 wrote:
> I think there's a Nationals going on, but I'm not sure. The contest is over in two days, and so far no word on who's winning or even if there are scores. Anybody have any intel?

http://www.ssa.org/members/contestre...play=resul ts

The 1-26 Nationals are being held concurrent with the 13M regional and the reporting is combined.

Yeah and... ??? You'll note that there is no 1-26 scoresheet - at least none I can find. Unless something changed radically, the 1-26ers have a separate set of rules and scoring algorithms, so there should be another set of scores.

Old July 17th 12, 06:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Yeah and... ???

......And I was kinda wondering about that myself. If you look at the ranking (Both daily and cumulative) you can see how the 1-26ers are doing.

Old July 17th 12, 06:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

On Tuesday, July 17, 2012 1:13:24 PM UTC-4, K wrote:

> Yeah and... ???
.....And I was kinda wondering about that myself. If you look at the ranking (Both daily and cumulative) you can see how the 1-26ers are doing.

Well, not necessarily. Devaluations, whether or not someone got a finish, etc. are all different in the 1-26 rules. So, for example, on the last day where scores are sort of posted, Team 428 shows up with 628 points. However, the written report suggests that they actually get 1000 points per the 1-26 rules. So, they may actually be in 1st place, not 4th. Maybe. Oh, and one of the two team pilots may have actually won the day. And he's not even 18 years old.

Just kinda disappointing that a Nationals isn't getting better service on the scoring/posting front. Tony's doing a wonderful job with the color commentary.

P3
Old July 17th 12, 08:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JP Stewart

On Tuesday, July 17, 2012 1:30:09 PM UTC-4, Papa3 wrote:
On Tuesday, July 17, 2012 1:13:24 PM UTC-4, K wrote:

> > Yeah and... ???
> .....And I was kinda wondering about that myself. If you look at the ranking (Both daily and cumulative) you can see how the 1-26ers are doing.

Well, not necessarily. Devaluations, whether or not someone got a finish, etc. are all different in the 1-26 rules. So, for example, on the last day where scores are sort of posted, Team 428 shows up with 628 points. However, the written report suggests that they actually get 1000 points per the 1-26 rules. So, they may actually be in 1st place, not 4th. Maybe. Oh, and one of the two team pilots may have actually won the day. And he's not even 18 years old.

Just kinda disappointing that a Nationals isn't getting better service on the scoring/posting front. Tony's doing a wonderful job with the color commentary.

P3

As of last night, the team of Daniel/Ron was in first place.

JP
Old July 17th 12, 08:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Cochrane[_2_]

On Jul 17, 2:20*pm, Jp Stewart wrote:
On Tuesday, July 17, 2012 1:30:09 PM UTC-4, Papa3 wrote:
On Tuesday, July 17, 2012 1:13:24 PM UTC-4, K wrote:

> > Yeah and... ???
> .....And I was kinda wondering about that myself. If you look at the ranking (Both daily and cumulative) you can see how the 1-26ers are doing.

Well, not necessarily. *Devaluations, whether or not someone got a finish, etc. are all different in the 1-26 rules. * So, for example, on the last day where scores are sort of posted, Team 428 shows up with 628 points. * However, the written report suggests that they actually get 1000 points per the 1-26 rules. * So, they may actually be in 1st place, not 4th. *Maybe. *Oh, and one of the two team pilots may have actually won the day. *And he's not even 18 years old.

Just kinda disappointing that a Nationals isn't getting better service on the scoring/posting front. * Tony's doing a wonderful job with the color commentary.

P3

As of last night, the team of Daniel/Ron was in first place.

JP

There is something to be said for the regular rules, and Guy Byars'
excellent efforts to include swift score reporting to the SSA website
from winscore. I never quite understood why 1-26 needs to roll their
own.

John Cochrane
Old July 17th 12, 09:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, July 17, 2012 10:16:45 AM UTC-6, Papa3 wrote:
Anybody have any intel?

Another thing to consider is that the results (As they are posted on the SSA website) are preliminary. Maybe they will be separated later. It is interesting that with two sets of rules both classes apear to be flying the same tasks every day.
Old July 18th 12, 03:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

All the daily 1-26 scores, up to today, are posted in my latest report under the 13.5 meter contest. I will try to get a cumulative in the morning and put it up with the morning report. At the moment Team 428 is running away with the team trophy and Bill Vickland (238) has a bit of a lead (somewhere between 100 and 200 points) over Bob Hurni (190) in the individual competition.

Our Scorer has been having trouble getting the SeeYou score sheets to post on the SSA website. He has been working with the SSA webmaster and I believe long time scorer Tom Pressley to try to figure it out with no luck.

Sorry this has taken so long, I know that many of you have been wondering what is going on. It has been frustrating here too.

Daniel and Ron have been flying masterful contest in 428. The slight differences in 1-26 vs Sports Class rules have really been showing themselves. I'm sure that all the 1-26'ers have been focused on their championship rules and have taken a hit in the Sports Class contest as a result. As far as the comment on same tasks, I *think* that the 1-26 and PW-5's have been flying the same tasks for several years, they just have been scored completely separately in the past instead of having combined sports class scoring like this year.

Old July 18th 12, 03:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Tuesday, July 17, 2012 11:16:45 AM UTC-5, Papa3 wrote:
I think there's a Nationals going on, but I'm not sure. The contest is over in two days, and so far no word on who's winning or even if there are scores. Anybody have any intel?

And before any of the 1-26 die-hards get on here, thats the 1-26 Championships

East Coast Nationals-West Coast Nationals Sam Giltner[_1_] Soaring 3 September 28th 08 07:55 PM
US Nationals [email protected] Soaring 6 May 21st 08 04:22 AM
USA 15M Nationals Karl Striedieck Soaring 0 January 28th 08 04:53 PM
AU Nationals Mal Soaring 0 October 13th 06 02:35 PM
Location of 2006 US 18m nationals and Sports Class Nationals and 15m ? John Bojack Soaring 2 July 18th 05 02:45 PM