Off I go to help with my first annual on my C-150

Old October 22nd 04, 02:26 PM
NW_PILOT

Default Off I go to help with my first annual on my C-150

Off I go to help with my first annual tell you all how today goes later this
evening. Lets hope for the best

Old October 23rd 04, 02:16 AM
Jay Honeck

Off I go to help with my first annual

Brace for impact!

;-)

(Bring money...lots of money...)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 23rd 04, 04:38 AM
NW_PILOT

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Off I go to help with my first annual

Brace for impact!

;-)

(Bring money...lots of money...)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

Inspection is done it was not that bad only a few squawks total parts outlay
so far $285.00 and $180.00 of that was in spark plugs

Compression

Cyl #1 78/80
Cyl #2 79/80
Cyl #3 78/80
Cyl #4 77/80

Tomorrow is a day of rest Sunday estimating another 5 hours to fix squawks.

1 Bad Spark Plug Totally Dead Not Firing On #3 Lower Also A 41 not a 40

2 EM-41's Replace With REM-40

Starter Bolts Not Safety Tied I Don't know how that was Missed on Pre
Purchase and last Annual?

Froze up pulley on elevator cable guide roller "barring was clogged with
dirt/lint and grit cleaned lubed functions OK!"

Front Strut & Shimmy Damper Needs Oil And Or Air Its a Little Low

Fuel Cap Seals cracking need replacing.

Gasulator drain tube broken & needs replaced

Nut Plate & Seat Rail AD complied with.

4 cowling shock mounts need replacing. 2 have cracks 2 totally broken

This was the forth set of eyes on this bird in 1 year she is getting a lot
of attention.

Old October 23rd 04, 06:07 AM
zatatime

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 20:38:48 -0700, "NW_PILOT"
wrote:

1 Bad Spark Plug Totally Dead Not Firing On #3 Lower Also A 41 not a 40

How'd you isolate this one? Were the plugs worn badly?

Old October 23rd 04, 04:09 PM
Jim Weir

"NW_PILOT"

-
-Inspection is done it was not that bad only a few squawks total parts outlay
-so far $285.00 and $180.00 of that was in spark plugs

Didn't nobody never tell you about Aircraft Spark Plug Service in Van Nuys? $75
would have gotten you a complete set of overhauled plugs for a 4-banger. The
drill is to send them your old plugs immediately after the annual and for about
$50 a set they will overhaul YOUR plugs and send them back yellow-tagged. You
then put them on the shelf for NEXT year's annual.

-Starter Bolts Not Safety Tied I Don't know how that was Missed on Pre
-Purchase and last Annual?

I'd let the IA put the words in the logbook. It appears that English is not
your primary language. See comment later about safety wire.

-Froze up pulley on elevator cable guide roller "barring was clogged with
-dirt/lint and grit cleaned lubed functions OK!"

Too many words. "Elevator cable guide roller bearing (sta 132) frozen.
Cleaned and lubricated bearing. Functional test OK.

Nobody really cares what the bearing was clogged with.

-
-
-This was the forth set of eyes on this bird in 1 year she is getting a lot
-of attention.

And three of them missed the starter safety wire? Without pulling the manual, I
can't remember whether the starter bolts have lockwashers or whether they
REQUIRE safety wire. Why do you think that safety wire is required?

Jim

http://www.rst-engr.com
Old October 23rd 04, 04:22 PM
Jim Weir

I didn't want to belabor the obvious. However, one certainly would have
suspected this, would one not?

Jim

"Jim Burns"

- 1 Bad Spark Plug Totally Dead Not Firing On #3 Lower Also A 41 not a 40
-
-I haven't flown a 150 in over 18 years, but didn't you notice the dead plug
-doing a mag check?

http://www.rst-engr.com

Old October 23rd 04, 06:09 PM
Darrel Toepfer

Jim Weir wrote:

Didn't nobody never tell you about Aircraft Spark Plug Service in Van Nuys? $75
would have gotten you a complete set of overhauled plugs for a 4-banger. The
drill is to send them your old plugs immediately after the annual and for about
$50 a set they will overhaul YOUR plugs and send them back yellow-tagged. You
then put them on the shelf for NEXT year's annual.

Paid alittle more than half that ($8 ea.) for a six banger from another.
Will get the contact info if anyone is interested. Can't report on how
well they perform (ordered 12) until they arrive, should be here this
coming week...
Old October 23rd 04, 06:20 PM
zatatime

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 12:09:04 -0500, Darrel Toepfer
wrote:

Will get the contact info if anyone is interested

Yes please.

Old October 23rd 04, 06:27 PM
Jim Weir

No, you paid almost exactly the same. A four-banger is eight plugs, times $8 a
plug, plus postage on ten pounds comes up to about $75.

Jim

Darrel Toepfer

-

Annual Coronary Jay Honeck Owning 19 May 24th 04 03:47 AM
1st Annual Sky Pup Litter Meet Edwin Home Built 0 May 23rd 04 05:16 PM
Annual Costs - Take the Pledge Roger Long Owning 25 February 1st 04 04:41 PM
Another Almost Annual Christmas Poem!!! David Pincus Home Built 4 December 28th 03 01:47 PM
Pre-Purchase Annual? Paul Millner Owning 1 July 4th 03 10:11 PM