Where would you go?

Old October 6th 05, 03:13 PM

Crazy Creek is generally open only on weekends which is very
unfortunate as it is one of the best places to soar in Northern
California. I had three cross country flights there in Feb last year,
one over 300k!. They also have wave conditions that occur with a
variety of wind directions.

Williams is another good choice and open every day except Tuesday.
bumper wrote:
"Marc Ramsey" wrote in message
t...
bumper wrote:
I really liked Crazy Creek as well. Too bad they've closed. All the best
to Jim and Connie.

Unless you know something that the rest of us don't, Crazy Creek will be
closing sometime in the next year or two, but is not currently closed...

Marc

No, I don't. I was told it was closed, but haven't visited there for some
time. Glad I was told wrong. Thanks Marc.

bumper

Old October 6th 05, 05:37 PM
For Example John Smith

Thanks all.
Looks like it's Minden or Warner Springs.
I've been to Minden (got a double Lennie to show for it) but haven't been to
Warner Springs.
Minden's got a better rental fleet....
No votes for Truckee?

wrote in message
oups.com...
This time of year, my vote would be Warner Springs (Sky Sailing
(http://www.skysailing.com/)), near San Diego.

Haven't been to Minden (yet) but I have been to WS once and it was
beautiful and the folks were great.

-ted/2NO

Old October 6th 05, 05:55 PM
Marc Ramsey

For Example John Smith wrote:
Thanks all.
Looks like it's Minden or Warner Springs.
I've been to Minden (got a double Lennie to show for it) but haven't been to
Warner Springs.
Minden's got a better rental fleet....
No votes for Truckee?

Truckee has no gliders for rent, and closes for the season next week...

Marc
Old October 7th 05, 03:30 AM
Bill Daniels

"For Example John Smith" wrote in message
Thanks all.
Looks like it's Minden or Warner Springs.
I've been to Minden (got a double Lennie to show for it) but haven't been

Warner Springs.
Minden's got a better rental fleet....
No votes for Truckee?

I flew at Warner Springs a couple of winters ago. The thermal soaring was
good even in December. I got a 3.5 hour flight with tops at 10,500 on
December 27th, 2003. They tell me that they get wave, thermal, ridge and
convergence all year long.

Nice winter climate, very good local accommodations. VERY nice people too.

Bill Daniels