A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Where to get Becker radios repaired?

Old February 15th 13, 04:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Larry Suter
external usenet poster

Default Where to get Becker radios repaired?

The word floating around my club that "no one will work in Becker Radios in the USA and it will need to be sent back to the factory in Germany, this is likely going to take a lot of time and money."

Is this correct? Has anyone gotten one fixed in the US recently? Ours is an AR 3201.

Thanks,
Larry
Old February 15th 13, 08:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm
external usenet poster

On Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:24:22 PM UTC-8, Larry Suter wrote:
The word floating around my club that "no one will work in Becker Radios in the USA and it will need to be sent back to the factory in Germany, this is likely going to take a lot of time and money."

Is this correct? Has anyone gotten one fixed in the US recently? Ours is an AR 3201.

Thanks,

Larry

Becker USA have long had a repair facility in Florida. Have done pretty quick turn around for me in the past for their current products. All pretty good stuff. If you have concerns contact them and ask what the situation is with an old 3201. http://www.beckerusa.com/support

Darryl
Old February 15th 13, 05:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Friday, February 15, 2013 12:09:52 AM UTC-8, Darryl Ramm wrote:
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:24:22 PM UTC-8, Larry Suter wrote:

Thanks,

Larry

I sent them a 3201 for repair a couple of years ago. A few hundred dollars later it came back working fine wearing a yellow tag.

It quit working again a couple of months later. I figured that since it just came back, and I had made some other changes in the panel, that it must be in the wiring or the mike. All of that sorted out fine so I sent it to the nearby dealer for a bench check. Turned out to be the same problem that was just fixed. By now, it is seven months past the original repair. They only guarantee the repair for 6 months. I could easily document that it had failed prior to six months as the glider had gone through an annual in the interim and part of the trouble shooting was done then.

They didn't care or budge an inch. I replaced it with an XCOM 760.

Bob
BV

Becker USA have long had a repair facility in Florida. Have done pretty quick turn around for me in the past for their current products. All pretty good stuff. If you have concerns contact them and ask what the situation is with an old 3201. http://www.beckerusa.com/support

Darryl

Old February 16th 13, 04:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS
external usenet poster

As reported on RAS a few months ago, Becker USA couldn't repair my 6201 as they weren't trained on it yet, but gave me a loaner radio while mine went to Germany. Came back fine, still working fine.
They fixed a 3201 for me years ago. No trouble.
Jim