Withering heat...

Old July 8th 07, 05:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Default Withering heat...

Matt Barrow wrote:
"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
Matt Barrow wrote:
"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
Jay Honeck wrote:
Whew! Okay, you guys in the Southwest don't need to share
EVERYTHING.

It was 94 degree here at 11 AM, with enough humidity to curl my ever-
diminishing hair. Even though it's a beautiful day here, Unicom is
dead -- ain't nobody flying till the sun gets lower...
Thank Goodness! For a second there I thought you had renamed the hotel
to :"Wuthering Heights"
:-)
Nah...Withering Heights (not that there's a lot of height in Iowa).

You mean it's NOT Wuthering Heights? I'll have to check my Bronte section
in the library again :-)

Would that be in the section next to "Brontosaurus"? :~o

More like "Emily Bronte" I would think.
:-)
DH
Old July 8th 07, 06:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jack Allison

Jay Honeck wrote:
Whew! Okay, you guys in the Southwest don't need to share
EVERYTHING.

Heh...you're just getting what we've had out here the past couple of
days. Heck, it didn't even break 100 here today. And here I thought we
were in for 6 days of 100+ temperatures. Not that I'm complaining mind you.

Just be sure to get the high temp/high humidity thing over with now Jay,
so that the 20th won't impact us dry Left Coasters too much :-)
Old July 8th 07, 06:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Blanche

Jay Honeck wrote:
Whew! Okay, you guys in the Southwest don't need to share
EVERYTHING.

It was 94 degree here at 11 AM, with enough humidity to curl my ever-
diminishing hair. Even though it's a beautiful day here, Unicom is
dead -- ain't nobody flying till the sun gets lower...

Welcome to our world.

Old July 9th 07, 05:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

It was 94 degree here at 11 AM, with enough humidity to curl my ever-
diminishing hair. Even though it's a beautiful day here, Unicom is
dead -- ain't nobody flying till the sun gets lower...

Welcome to our world.

We flew at High Noon today, with the temp at 95 degrees. It actually
wasn't too bad, and I just kept reminding myself of all those bitterly
cold flights we made last winter....

Later I actually took a nap in the hangar, with the thermometer well
over 95. I was sitting in a mesh chair with TWO fans blowing on me
from behind, and that white noise combined with a cold beer to induce
a nice, 45 minute nap.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Carb Heat [email protected] Rotorcraft 11 April 30th 07 06:34 PM
But it's a dry heat.... Casey Wilson Piloting 31 July 23rd 05 10:09 PM
Pre-Heat at BED? Colin W Kingsbury Owning 7 January 21st 05 02:25 AM
Pitot heat Paul Mennen Owning 10 November 6th 03 09:54 AM
Pitot Heat Roger Long Piloting 12 November 6th 03 02:01 AM