So...What did Santa Bring you?

Old December 27th 06, 11:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Default So...What did Santa Bring you?

Santa looked at the economy and knew he'd have a big load to
deliver, the blizzard was necessary for the sleigh.

"Blanche" wrote in message
| Kitchen Aid mixer with attachments
| Ceiling mount for the InFocus DLP projector. Now I have a
6 ft

Old December 27th 06, 01:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kevin Clarke

It could mount on a helmet but I don't wear one. I appeciate the concern
Jim but this is cross country skiing. No faster than jogging. I don't
wear a helmet when I walk around either, unless I am chewing gum.

KC

Jim Macklin wrote:
Does it mount on a helmet? A helmet seems like a good idea
for night skiing. How is Sonny Bono?

ink.net...

Old December 27th 06, 01:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kevin Clarke

Morgans wrote:
"Kevin Clarke" wrote in message

A nice LED headlamp for night x-country skiing.
What kind did you get?

Princeton Tec Quad. It even has a strobe on it. I can wear that when I fly
at night and have a frontal strobe! :^)

There goes the night vision! g

How many LED's does it have, Quad, meaning 4? How many watts?

Yup 4. Not sure on the wattage but it is 21 lumens. That is very very
bright for a headlamp.

We live in Central Mass. Lots of great cross country skiing around here,
assuming there is snow, which we don't have yet. So the gadgets will
have to wait, unless I do some night hiking which my dog would enjoy
instead of the skiing.

KC

I would think you would need a lot of brightness for night skiing, but I
don't know. There is not a lot of scross country skiing, here at the foot
of the "mountains" in NC. g I went one time with a friend while visiting
in Ohio, a very long time ago.

Old December 27th 06, 02:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Clonts

Matt Whiting wrote:
John Clonts wrote:
Jay Honeck wrote:

Ho! Ho! Ho! I'll start -- Santa was good to us this year! He brought
us...

- Rod Machado's DVD "Aviation Humor", Part I
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X Pro for the Kiwi
- Some more screwdrivers, pliers, and cordless driver bits for my son
to lose

Nothing specific for Atlas this year, but we just did the 496 panel
dock/XM radio thing, and had to buy a new "Mighty Grape" fuel truck --
so that's enough of an aviation upgrade for our Christmas season...

How 'bout you? Whad'ja find in *your* Christmas stocking?

My colleague and I got our Christmas present early, on Friday. Stuck
in Denver with commercial air traffic at a halt, our company decided to
send the company jet for us. Picked us up at Centennial at 8:30am, and
arrived at home at 11:30. At home with the family for Christmas:
priceless!

You should mention the company's name as that is a company worth doing
business with.

Matt

McLane Company, mclaneco.com. Nationwide distributor to mainly
convenience stores and fast-food retailers-- you will see our
18-wheelers with the distinctive red and black triangles. It is indeed
a great company to work for...
--
Cheers,
John Clonts

Old December 27th 06, 04:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

...it is 21 lumens. That is very very bright for a headlamp.

We live in Central Mass. Lots of great cross country skiing around here...

Is that bright enough at skiing speeds to avoid whatever darts in front
of your headlamp?

Jose
--
He who laughs, lasts.
Old December 27th 06, 04:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_5_]

"Jose" wrote in message
t...
...it is 21 lumens. That is very very bright for a headlamp.

We live in Central Mass. Lots of great cross country skiing around
here...

Is that bright enough at skiing speeds to avoid whatever darts in front of
your headlamp?

Cross country skiing, where it is flat, is not much faster than a fast walk.
We are not talking about downhill ski speeds, here!
--
Jim in NC

Old December 27th 06, 05:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
Leatherman Crunch

That is what the doctor ordered! The complaint I always have is that

blades
don't lock, in most convertable tools. I don't feel safe using a pocket
knife blade that does not lock. It does lock in the crunch tool!
--
Jim in NC

That has been my complaint as well. This may be the solution.

Peter

Old December 27th 06, 06:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Do you "log the time?"

"Kevin Clarke" wrote in message
nk.net...
| It could mount on a helmet but I don't wear one. I
appeciate the concern
| Jim but this is cross country skiing. No faster than
jogging. I don't
| wear a helmet when I walk around either, unless I am
chewing gum.

| KC
|
| Jim Macklin wrote:
| Does it mount on a helmet? A helmet seems like a good
idea
| for night skiing. How is Sonny Bono?
|

| "Kevin Clarke" wrote in message

ink.net...
| | john smith wrote:
| | Kevin Clarke wrote:
| |
| | A nice LED headlamp for night x-country skiing.
| |
| | What kind did you get?
| |

Old December 27th 06, 08:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_1_]

Does FS X come with the 430/530? (I haven't opened the box yet, but I
know it was an add-on for FS 9)

--Dan

Matt Whiting wrote:
Dan wrote:
Jay,

I got Flight Sim X for Christmas also. Have you found a way to get it
to properly simulate a Garmin 430/530? I was using the Reality XP plug
in for FS 9, but it doesn't seem to be out for FS X yet...

What is wrong with the G 430/530? I'm still wishing I could find an
add-in that supports the KLN-89B. I bought my FS2004 mainly to maintain
instrument proficiency, not thinking that it wouldn't support the unit I
fly. Oh well, my son likes to play with it at least so it wasn't a
total loss.

Matt

Old December 27th 06, 09:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

John Clonts wrote:
Matt Whiting wrote:

John Clonts wrote:

Jay Honeck wrote:

[...]

It is good to hear that not every company is an Enron in waiting.

Matt