I **warned** you guys that if you didn't shape up...

Old August 8th 03, 05:50 AM
Jim Weir

One puts a dollar bill in an envelope and sends it along. As yet, the mails are
good for low $ values of cash.

Jim

"Dave Anderson"

-Jim, just how does one donate the $buck to your campaign? You should setup
-a PayPal account or something similar.
-
-I'm not even from California, but I admire your spunk, and that you have
-resisted the "I'm a white male so I must be an angry conservative
-Republican" siren song.
-

http://www.rst-engr.com
Old August 8th 03, 07:57 AM
pac plyer

Jim, throw my buck in the ring. Now, I know the political favors you
owe are starting to stack up.....But promise me that if you win and
Mayor Daley's plane from Chicago shows up, you will temporarily close
any reliever airport near his jet (like he did Miegs Field) for
national security reasons. Then when he trys to land in the bay area
or LA sic the Air National Guard F-16's on his butt, and have them
escort his pathetic plane out of the state.

If he comes back, have your neighbor Chuck Yeager threaten to do
airshows over his skyscrapers. That's all. Thanks Jim ;-)

Break a Leg,

pacplyer
Old August 8th 03, 02:33 PM
baltobernie

Hmmm,

One Buck Jim vs. Two Buck Chuck. Lemme think about it over the weekend.

Bernie

news

Old August 8th 03, 04:57 PM
Montblack

("Jim Weir" wrote)
One puts a dollar bill in an envelope and sends it along. As yet, the

mails are
good for low $ values of cash.

This is a good way to get your campaign *started*. But to get it really
*rolling* you're going to have to host a $5,000 (per plate) pancake
breakfast fly-in*.

*...pilots flying in eat free.

Might I also recommend:

State of The Union (1948)
Frank Capra - Director

Plot Outline: An industrialist is urged to run for President, but this
requires uncomfortable compromises on both political and marital levels.

Katharine Hepburn
Spencer Tracy
Van Johnson
Angela Lansbury

--
Montblack
"I like to watch"

Old September 28th 03, 02:50 AM
Jim Weir

An airplane does come in handy when campaigning in a state 600 miles long and
200 miles wide.

www.candidatecamera.com (one day only, Saturday 27 Sep 03).

Jim
http://www.rst-engr.com
Old September 28th 03, 04:39 AM
Roger Halstead

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 18:50:33 -0700, Jim Weir wrote:

An airplane does come in handy when campaigning in a state 600 miles long and
200 miles wide.

www.candidatecamera.com (one day only, Saturday 27 Sep 03).

Hand in there Jim.

BTW, did you make it on Leno's show?

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

Jim
http://www.rst-engr.com

Old September 28th 03, 05:22 AM
Montblack

("Jim Weir" wrote)
An airplane does come in handy when campaigning in a state 600 miles long

and
200 miles wide.

www.candidatecamera.com (one day only, Saturday 27 Sep 03).

A helicopter worked nicely for LBJ in his 1948 Senate race. (Photos)

http://www.lbjlib.utexas.edu/johnson...-J/chudars.asp

same link here as above: http://makeashorterlink.com/?F2F335806

also: http://www.picturehistory.com/find/p/14641/mcms.html

A person can get *your* Sept 27th photo, from the archive (arrow) list
thingy on the site, if they go there after Saturday.

www.candidatecamera.com
(look for Sept 27th)

Nice photo of the State Capitol building
...but enough about you. Take a look at Sept 24th!!

Good luck with the race.

--
Montblack

Old September 28th 03, 05:50 AM
Eric Miller

"Jim Weir" wrote

www.candidatecamera.com (one day only, Saturday 27 Sep 03).

From what I can gather, California required applications expliciting
requesting NOT to be a candidate... and you must've missed the deadline =D

Eric

Old September 28th 03, 06:03 AM
Eric Miller

"Jim Weir" wrote

An airplane does come in handy when campaigning in a state 600 miles long

and
200 miles wide.

www.candidatecamera.com (one day only, Saturday 27 Sep 03).

And while you're there, check out the complete Jim Weir gallery:
http://www.candidatecamera.com/candi...ndidateNum=131

'Grats for having 2 photos picked so far for pic-o-the-day.
(And 'grats in advance for winning the election!)

Eric

Old September 28th 03, 06:07 AM
Eric Miller

"Montblack" wrote
..but enough about you. Take a look at Sept 24th!!

I'd vote for the plastic monkey before voting for the plastic girl. =D

Eric