Helicopter Ag flying

Old June 25th 05, 08:14 PM
SHIVER ME TIMBERS

Warner wrote:

rec.aviation."arguing idiots" rotorcraft)...
So long, kiddies.

Why Potatohead..... Your back.

I slightly kinder gentler version - but Potatohead non the less.

What's your problem now Mark.

Just can't stand to walk away and leave the group to those of here who
get along with each other.

Gonna argue that Warner is not your little sock puppet.

Hmmmmmmm

Let's take a look at both or your headers.

Warners posting host

Marks posting host

Warners X-trace

Marks X-trace

Warners User Agent

Marks User Agent

Warners Injection Info

Marks Injection Info

What can I say folks..... correct me if I am wrong.
Old June 26th 05, 10:53 PM
Beav

wrote in message
oups.com...
Beav,
I was not calling anyone a liar. Not in any way. I just meant that the
ag flyer was relating some dramtic stuff. And he was...it would take my
breath away for sure and I am a pilot. Are you?

Not anymore.

And FYI: life insurance is nearly impossible to get these days for a
decent price if you are a professional helicopter pilot.

I wasn't aware the LIFE insurance was under discussion, as we were talking
about flying related issues. Third party liability would've been more in
line with the chat as I see it.

Seems like you are quick to leap to conclusions. I didn't read the ag
pilot being insulted.
Is this the reason why not many post here?

That's probably me. I'm a right **** at times, specially when I think
someone's credibility is being called into question.

--
Beav

Reply to "beavis dot original at ntlworld dot com" (with the obvious
changes)

Old June 26th 05, 11:02 PM
Beav

"Warner" wrote in message
oups.com...
Beav,
I did not mean to sound as if I was calling anyone here a liar.

In that case, may I sugest you develop your writing skills a touch more,
because you gave that "impression" whether you like it or not.

I think
YOU are making assumptions that are not there. I also meant to be
comical in regards to my insurance quote.

Soory, but there was nothing whatsoever comical in your post, and believe me
when I tell you, I've got THE most broad spread of humour possible. People
can call me a cnut and I'll still laugh.

I fly myself, so I have
nothing but respect for my fellow pilots.
I do agree in part with what the other poster said earlier, maybe the
attitudes you convey are part of the reason no one posts here.

If you think so, then fine, although I seriously doubt it myself.

For this
site to have been around as long as it has and have only a handful of
posters says it all.

Yeah, and it's all little Beav's fault. Take him out and reduce him to soup
I say.

This is nothing more than a daily diary blog since
there is obviously no more than 2 or 3 that post regularly. Wonder why?
It's nothing more than insults and bragging.

Yep, I insult those who insult those who brag, because in THIS case, the
"bragger" wasn't bragging he was relating an experience that YOU thought was
********.

Not much to reply to when
the fellow poster braggs about him being a cool dad or tearing a rotor
blade tip off.

See? You're still at it. If Rocky says he ripped a tip off, YOU see that as
bull**** because you knwo YOU couldn't do it and survive to tell. If *I'D*
done that, Id be bragging too, but it'd be REAL bragging, not something that
was buried inside a story as a "throwaway" comment.

Or going to the absurd lengths of posting one of our
fellow pilot's full name and address. And then supposed calling his
FBO!!?? (Although I did notice that when the fellow who had his name
posted admitted it was him and challenged "the other Kevin" to tell us
his name the other Kevin wouldn't) These sorts of posts would
immediately be deleted on Vertical/PPrune and so forth. If you think
many pilots enjoy this sort of "professional" conversation then I have
swamp land to sell you.

How much? Is it in the Everglades? Are there aligators included. Count me
in.

**Thank you to the ag pilot for his nice responses. I do appreciate
them.**
(Maybe they should change the name of this forum to

You're leaving? ****, that's disappointing.

Old June 26th 05, 11:04 PM
Beav

"SHIVER ME TIMBERS" wrote in message
Warner wrote:

rec.aviation."arguing idiots" rotorcraft)...
So long, kiddies.

Why Potatohead..... Your back.

I slightly kinder gentler version - but Potatohead non the less.

What's your problem now Mark.

Just can't stand to walk away and leave the group to those of here who
get along with each other.

Gonna argue that Warner is not your little sock puppet.

Hmmmmmmm

Let's take a look at both or your headers.

Warners posting host

Marks posting host

Warners X-trace

Marks X-trace

Warners User Agent

Marks User Agent

Warners Injection Info

Marks Injection Info

What can I say folks..... correct me if I am wrong.

I thought he must be two people living on different dimensions but sharing
an IP address:-) but you've spoiled it for me Shiv. In fact you really
"stuck it" to him and left me with...nothing:-)

Old June 26th 05, 11:13 PM
SHIVER ME TIMBERS

Beav wrote:

you've spoiled it for me Shiv. In fact you really
"stuck it" to him and left me with...nothing:-)

Sorry Beav.

Next time I'll try to take Potatohead out of the pot early
and you can peel him and slice and dice what remains.
Old July 1st 05, 11:30 AM
Beav

Beav wrote:

you've spoiled it for me Shiv. In fact you really
"stuck it" to him and left me with...nothing:-)

Sorry Beav.

Next time I'll try to take Potatohead out of the pot early
and you can peel him and slice and dice what remains.

He probably won't be around long enough for anyone to do anything with him.
As for me, I'm just about to have a blast down the road on my new bike. I'm
going to see Bill my old helicopter instructor and get him to brew me a
cuppa. The sun's out, so I'm joining it

Old July 4th 05, 10:22 PM
Beav

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 11:30:29 +0100, "Beav"
wrote:

"SHIVER ME TIMBERS" wrote in message
. ..
Beav wrote:

you've spoiled it for me Shiv. In fact you really
"stuck it" to him and left me with...nothing:-)

Sorry Beav.

Next time I'll try to take Potatohead out of the pot early
and you can peel him and slice and dice what remains.

He probably won't be around long enough for anyone to do anything with
him.
As for me, I'm just about to have a blast down the road on my new bike.
I'm
going to see Bill my old helicopter instructor and get him to brew me a
cuppa. The sun's out, so I'm joining it

Whadja get Beav?? That Vespa scooter you've been drooling over?

Yeah, but I got it transplanted into a Kawa Z1000 nekkid big bore street
bike:-)

BTW: Lookin' to buy a new RC helo - radio & all. I've got a tick
over a grand to **** away.. Looking at the Raptor 30 with the TT
engine for the model.. Opinions?

Get the Raptor 50 (MUCH better) and forget the TT 36. Go for decent 50 (OS
isn't bad)
The 50 flies more like the 60, but costs more like the 30, so it's a win-win
situation. It's a bit bigger too so it's far easier to see when it's a safe
distance away from you.

Suggestions for an "economical"
computer radio (Don't need servos - got bazillions in all
shapes/sizes) and gyro?

JR 3108 (or 3810 depending on what they've written on the box this week:-)
if you want a lot of features and model memories, or the 378 if you just
want a good reliable radio with enough features to do the job well.

I can't speak highly enough of JR radio's. Never a single failure in over 15
years using them. My current radio is 12 years old and I've no intention of
changing it (JR PCM 10). There's also that wonderful place called eBay for
2nd hand radio's and I've had MANY a one from there (bought for newbies who
don't have a lot of cash to spend) and never had a problem with them either.

I reckon if you put a post into rec.models.rc.helicopter asking if anyone
has anything for sale, you'll get plenty of responses, either direct or with
links to places where you'll get a whole package for a grand.
www.runryder.com is another place to check out too.

I believe "Horizon" (models or hobbies I can't remember) is "THE" place over
your side of the puddle, so it might be worth looking at their website too.

HTH

Old July 7th 05, 01:36 AM
Beav

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 22:22:28 +0100, "Beav"
wrote:

Whadja get Beav?? That Vespa scooter you've been drooling over?

Yeah, but I got it transplanted into a Kawa Z1000 nekkid big bore street
bike:-)

Nice.. I just got back from shopping at the local cycle shop.
Thinking seriously about trading in the SV650 for something a little
more spirited. The GSXR750 was fun and the sales weenie at the Yamaha
place wouldn't let me ride an R1..

I can't live with the race rep riding position, so the R1 wouldn't be for me
anyway, but if you're looking for sometihng a bit more "ooooh" than the SV
650, what about a Triumph Speed Triple? Absolutely astounding bike and oil
leak free to boot.

Get the Raptor 50 (MUCH better) and forget the TT 36. Go for decent 50 (OS
isn't bad)
The 50 flies more like the 60, but costs more like the 30, so it's a
win-win
situation. It's a bit bigger too so it's far easier to see when it's a
safe
distance away from you.

I'll have a look at it.. I've flown nothing but OS and YS engines in
my RC career (planks mostly) and have an OS .15 that's literally been
buried in the mud several times (crashes) and still lights off without
a hitch.

OS are hard to beat, butfunnily enough, hey're not an engine I've had many
of. I currently have a YS 91 in a Futura, but before that I was a dyed in
the wool Rossi man.

Suggestions for an "economical"
computer radio (Don't need servos - got bazillions in all
shapes/sizes) and gyro?

JR 3108 (or 3810 depending on what they've written on the box this week:-)
if you want a lot of features and model memories, or the 378 if you just
want a good reliable radio with enough features to do the job well.

I can't speak highly enough of JR radio's. Never a single failure in over
15
years using them. My current radio is 12 years old and I've no intention
of
changing it (JR PCM 10). There's also that wonderful place called eBay for
2nd hand radio's and I've had MANY a one from there (bought for newbies
who
don't have a lot of cash to spend) and never had a problem with them
either.

I've got a 1992 vintage JR PCM radio in my existing helo (Schluter JR
50 w/OS.46H) but it's proven to be a pain to get the pitch curves set
up.

Why? That's the same radio I use, BUT... something I've not mentioned is
that I use an engine gvernor in ALL my heli's these days. Futaba GV-1 and
Robbe CSC2000's. I prefer the Robbe governors, but the Futaba is exceleent
too, and of course, NO farting about with throttle curves matched to pitch
curves, so getting the pitch in a linear movement is perfect.
With the governor method and your PCM 10, you can have 3 seperate pitch
curves set up in less than 5 minutes.

Probably operator error but something a bit more "modern" would
help me with setup.

Nah, get a gov. A LOT cheaper and a lot more functionality comes from the
radio when you have one.

I reckon if you put a post into rec.models.rc.helicopter asking if anyone
has anything for sale, you'll get plenty of responses, either direct or
with
links to places where you'll get a whole package for a grand.
www.runryder.com is another place to check out too.

I did a lot of lurking there over the past couple nights and have been
visting a lot of web sites for package deals..

I'm not a runryder person and I hate moderated groups, so you're not about
to see me over there. You'll probably run into a few who have some "nice"
things to say about me though:-) Mind you, they're usually the ones who want
everything done for free and "right now" so they're not my kind of people
anyway.

I believe "Horizon" (models or hobbies I can't remember) is "THE" place
over
your side of the puddle, so it might be worth looking at their website
too.

Can't locate that one right off hand. I'll keep digging.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/ That might help

Cheers

Beav (another Kev:-)

Old July 8th 05, 03:44 PM
Beav

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 01:36:19 +0100, "Beav"
wrote:

I can't live with the race rep riding position, so the R1 wouldn't be for
me
anyway, but if you're looking for sometihng a bit more "ooooh" than the SV
650, what about a Triumph Speed Triple? Absolutely astounding bike and oil
leak free to boot.

Not sure where I'd find one, but I *AM* going to the National
Powersports Auction tomorrow to look for another youth ATV. I may
wander inside to the sportbikes and see what's in there..

They're what's known (over here anyway) as "Big Bore street bikes" for some
reason, but they're still a brilliant bike. A pal of mine has one (bought
last month) and another pal has just bought a KTM Superduke and it's amusing
to see the fight for keys when we stop. Depending on the roads we're about
to ride, we all have a preference for different bikes. Mine (The Zed 1000)
beats them both on fast sweepers and on out and out full theash riding, but
the Duke is best on REALLY tight twisties. The Trumper takes everything in
it's stride and sounds wonderful while it's doing it. If I had an inkling
for another bike, it'd be the Triple.

OS are hard to beat, butfunnily enough, hey're not an engine I've had many
of. I currently have a YS 91 in a Futura, but before that I was a dyed in
the wool Rossi man.

Only Rossi I've ever seen was a .21 turbocharged unit in an Associated
8th scale on-road car. I forgot what model it was, but it had a 2
speed tranny and was gawd-awful fast... I want to say RC-500 but
don't hold me to that. Had to have been late 80's, early 90's...

They're still the most powerful 60 on the market. Designed for notro free
ful, they kick serious arse and cheap to run too (being no nitro motors).
Hard to "get to grips with" when you first start using them, but once you
have, they're uneatable and they last forever. 3 year guarantee from Rosi
too. The new Rossi's are often confused with the "NovoRossi" which aren't
the same thing at all and require HUGE amounts of nitro to get their power.

Why? That's the same radio I use, BUT... something I've not mentioned is
that I use an engine gvernor in ALL my heli's these days. Futaba GV-1 and
Robbe CSC2000's. I prefer the Robbe governors, but the Futaba is exceleent
too, and of course, NO farting about with throttle curves matched to pitch
curves, so getting the pitch in a linear movement is perfect.
With the governor method and your PCM 10, you can have 3 seperate pitch
curves set up in less than 5 minutes.

Great. I'll be calling on you to help me out when I'm ready to go.

That deal you mentoned on eBay has a governor in there too. A Throttle
Jockey" it's called, but it does the same thing as the Futaba GV-1 which is
to keep those engine revs exactly where they should be.

I'm not a runryder person and I hate moderated groups, so you're not about
to see me over there. You'll probably run into a few who have some "nice"
things to say about me though:-) Mind you, they're usually the ones who
want
everything done for free and "right now" so they're not my kind of people
anyway.

Sounds like my boss... Do this and this and this and this, do it now
and I'll only pay you for one of them.

Oh yeah, I've had one or two of them over the years too. Thankfully I'm "out
of that" now.

I believe "Horizon" (models or hobbies I can't remember) is "THE" place
over
your side of the puddle, so it might be worth looking at their website
too.

Can't locate that one right off hand. I'll keep digging.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/ That might help

Found that and only saw Raptor accessories/upgrades. heliproz.com
seems to have some pretty nice Raptor 50V2 combos with the OS.50
engine.. Have a gander at this one and lemme know what you think:

http://www4.mailordercentral.com/hel...er=101450HYPER

Good spec, but no electris included. I reckon if push came to shove, it'd be
considered, but the eBay link you sent me seems a beter bet.

Worth the $$?? Well within my budget if I keep the old radio/gyro.
Another $200 for the gov with sensor a few hours of labor and I'm
pretty much ready to start dialing it all in...

If you go for the Throttle Jockey governor, I think you'll be VERY
pleasantly surprised with the cost. I think it's around 50 bucks all in and
the Throttle Jockey Pro even has a "learning" circuit so it adapts to your
flying style. Very "twee" I must say, but it actually works. No need to send
200 bucks on a Futaba gov like there used to be when they were the only game
in town.