Which airplane?

Old September 1st 05, 04:31 PM
Peter R.

xyzzy wrote:

Peter R. wrote:

Aaron Coolidge wrote:

snip

That's
how this C150 was sold: a fellow asked the FBO clerk if she knew of any
C150 airplanes that rarely flew.

My understanding is that "rarely flew" is not a desirable characteristic in
an aircraft.

He didn't say it was, he just said it was flyable, and sold for $8,000.

Are you looking at the same post that I am?

His words: "... a fellow asked the FBO clerk if she knew of any C150
airplanes that rarely flew."

Doesn't that imply that this fellow (the aircraft purchaser, not the
poster) was looking for an aircraft that was sitting around rather than
flying often?

--
Peter

Old September 1st 05, 05:18 PM
xyzzy

Peter R. wrote:

xyzzy wrote:

Peter R. wrote:

Aaron Coolidge wrote:

snip

That's
how this C150 was sold: a fellow asked the FBO clerk if she knew of any
C150 airplanes that rarely flew.

My understanding is that "rarely flew" is not a desirable characteristic in
an aircraft.

He didn't say it was, he just said it was flyable, and sold for $8,000.

Are you looking at the same post that I am?

His words: "... a fellow asked the FBO clerk if she knew of any C150
airplanes that rarely flew."

Doesn't that imply that this fellow (the aircraft purchaser, not the
poster) was looking for an aircraft that was sitting around rather than
flying often?

maybe because he expects to get it cheap because it's not flying.

--
"You can support the troops but not the president"
--Representative Tom Delay (R-TX), during the Kosovo war.

Old September 1st 05, 05:59 PM
Robert M. Gary

Be careful about the mogas. In many parts of the U.S. (maybe you're not
in the U.S.) mogas is prohibited by the FAA because of additives.

-Robert

Old September 1st 05, 06:43 PM
Darrel Toepfer

Robert M. Gary wrote:

Be careful about the mogas. In many parts of the U.S. (maybe you're not
in the U.S.) mogas is prohibited by the FAA because of additives.

When did that happen? I guess it depends on the mogas, as they aren't
all created equally...
Old September 1st 05, 06:46 PM
nrp

" mogas is prohibited by the FAA because of additives."

Aside from ethanol, (whic is usually from a labeled pump, and the
presence of which is easily verified), what are the prohibited
additives?

Old September 1st 05, 07:15 PM

nrp wrote:
: Aside from ethanol, (whic is usually from a labeled pump, and the
: presence of which is easily verified),

... and/or a water test/tube shake test.

* Cory Papenfuss *

Old September 1st 05, 11:24 PM
Robert M. Gary

"Aside from ethanol, (whic is usually from a labeled pump, and the
presence of which is easily verified), what are the prohibited
additives? "

Ethanol is required by law in automotive fuel at any gas station within
an hour's drive of me. I'm not going to drive for an hour to get gas
for my plane. For those of us in that situation, mogas is not an
option.

-Robert

Old September 1st 05, 11:25 PM
Robert M. Gary

": Aside from ethanol, (whic is usually from a labeled pump, and the
: presence of which is easily verified), "

You can just read the pump, but I'm not understanding your point. For
those of us living in areas of the country that require ethanol be
added to all automotive fuel, mogas is not an option. If the original
poster is in that situation, the ability to run mogas is of no value.

-Robert

Old September 2nd 05, 03:25 AM
George Patterson

Peter R. wrote:

Doesn't that imply that this fellow (the aircraft purchaser, not the
poster) was looking for an aircraft that was sitting around rather than
flying often?

Yes, it does, but it doesn't indicate that the fellow thought this made it a
good aircraft. Just a cheap one.

George Patterson