Presidential TFR @ Kill Devil Hills

Old December 16th 03, 08:31 AM
Cecil E. Chapman

pilot would never do that to fellow pilots. So what in hell was he doing
in
the National Guard? Don't answer that I really don't want to know.

Easy to answer that one,,,, he was trying to avoid the likelihood (at the
time) going into combat with the draft by joining the Guard... An 'artful
dodger' :-)

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil
PP-ASEL

Check out my personal flying adventures complete with pictures and text at:
www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -

Old December 16th 03, 08:32 AM
Big John

What would happen if 500 GA birds showed up towing banners saying "Go
home Mr presiden, we want to fly"?

Do you think they have enough F-16's and weapons to shoot down them
all and if that happened what would those idiots (spelled Liberals) do
to him? He would be smoke politically after they got through in the
liberal press.

I'll probably be put on a watch list for writing things like this but
sometime you have to call a dumb thing dumb.

I voted for him and will again to get that on the recording.

Has anyone tickled the NYT about this shutting down the celebration
by the way?

Big John

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 16:34:22 -0500, Richard Russell
wrote:

Does anyone else find it ironic that the President's very presence at
the celebration of 100 years of powered flight has shut down almost
2,000 square miles of airspace? Couldn't he have phoned it in?
Rich Russell

Old December 16th 03, 11:04 AM
Cub Driver

It does however tell me that there's no way he was ever a pilot. Because a
pilot would never do that to fellow pilots. So what in hell was he doing in
the National Guard? Don't answer that I really don't want to know.

He flew F-102 supersonic jet interceptors, on active duty in the USAF
and later in the Texas Air Guard.

What did you fly when you were in the military?

all the best -- Dan Ford
email:

see the Warbird's Forum at
www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com
Old December 16th 03, 11:06 AM
Cub Driver

What would happen if 500 GA birds showed up towing banners saying "Go
home Mr presiden, we want to fly"?

Do you think they have enough F-16's and weapons to shoot down them

Perhaps not, but the FAA probably has enough bureaucrats to pull the
certificates on 500 pilots.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email:

see the Warbird's Forum at
www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com
Old December 16th 03, 12:06 PM
Quax

I have just informed a German TV program about the situation in Kitty Hawk.
Hopefully they will mention it in the evening news.
It's sad to shut down airspace for a "flying" party.

rgds

Old December 16th 03, 12:07 PM
Bob Noel

In article , Big John
wrote:

What would happen if 500 GA birds showed up towing banners saying "Go
home Mr presiden, we want to fly"?

they'd get flamed for the spelling errors?

;-)

--
Bob Noel
Old December 16th 03, 12:42 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"R. Hubbell" wrote in message

It does however tell me that there's no way he was ever a pilot. Because

pilot would never do that to fellow pilots. So what in hell was he doing

in
the National Guard?

He was flying F-102s.

Old December 16th 03, 01:05 PM
Dave S

Ok.. at the risk of interrupting the partisanship here...

What makes you think that if the next prez is a Democrat that the SS..
er Secret Service will not still insist on a 60 mile diameter bubble?

Dave

Blanche wrote:

Take the announcement (the TFR) then get Phil Boyer's comments and
quote. Send to every television, radio and newspaper in your area.
This is nothing more than the same stunt as landing the jet on
the carrier and he walks out wearing a flight suit.

This is even better if you're a registered Republican. Send the
letter to your local Republican committee HQ with a complaint.

He uses the media. You use the media. There are more of us to
make the case to the media.

Even better -- find out who in the local media are pilots. Enlist
them.

Old December 16th 03, 01:08 PM
Neil Gould

Recently, Cecil E. Chapman posted:

pilot would never do that to fellow pilots. So what in hell was he
doing in the National Guard? Don't answer that I really don't want
to know.

Easy to answer that one,,,, he was trying to avoid the likelihood (at
the time) going into combat with the draft by joining the Guard...
An 'artful dodger' :-)

Let's not forget the insurance policy... he went AWOL for a year and a
half.

Neil

Old December 16th 03, 01:33 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Bob Noel" wrote in message
In article , Big John
wrote:

What would happen if 500 GA birds showed up towing banners saying "Go
home Mr presiden, we want to fly"?

they'd get flamed for the spelling errors?

;-)

Imagine if something DID happen; can you imagine how CNN, ABC, etc., would
handle it?

Probably something about Bush being "too dumb to appreciate proper security
measures"...