Jay Honeck must get an instrument rating

Old September 27th 06, 02:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_1_]

Default Jay Honeck must get an instrument rating

We spent a wonderful weekend at the hotel, and Jay offered only some weak
excuses as to why he didn't have his instrument rating.

He needs to start working on it and share his experiences with the NG (which
will be infinitely more interesting than the latest posts from the idiot arm
chair sim pilot)

Old September 27th 06, 03:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 21:37:32 -0400, Margy Natalie
wrote in :

You must have missed Jay's comment about ME not needing permission from
MARY (his wife) to pick on him.

You are correct. I didn't see that comment.
Old September 27th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Larry Dighera wrote:
On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 00:35:55 GMT, Matt Whiting
wrote in :

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

"Margy Natalie" wrote in message
.com...

The subject line says it all. I declare from this moment on all
rec.aviators should, on all possible occasions, pick on Jay Honeck for not
having an instrument rating.

Why? Is there something wrong with not having an instrument rating?

Steven, you might want to check into the price of a sense of humor.
Hopefully, you can get a good deal!

Which clue was it that tipped you to Margy's facetious intent?

While she was obviously needling Mr. Honeck (ostensibly for his own
good), I didn't see any smiley nor find any humor worth a chuckle in
what she wrote.

My participation in this group over the years and seeing the prior
conversations between the two of them. And nearly 50 years of walking
on this planet. This wasn't even a hard one to pick up on. I really
feel sorry for you folks that missed it...

Matt
Old September 27th 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message

Steven, you might want to check into the price of a sense of humor.
Hopefully, you can get a good deal!

No doubt, but why would I want to sell it?

You wouldn't. You couldn't. It doesn't exist. Maybe you can buy one,
however.

Matt
Old September 27th 06, 03:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_1_]

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message

You wouldn't. You couldn't. It doesn't exist. Maybe you can buy one,
however.

You're wrong. I have a wonderful sense of humor.

Old September 27th 06, 03:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message

You wouldn't. You couldn't. It doesn't exist. Maybe you can buy one,
however.

You're wrong. I have a wonderful sense of humor.

That may be, but you have an impaired ability to detect humor in
comments by others.

Matt
Old September 27th 06, 04:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_1_]

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message

That may be, but you have an impaired ability to detect humor in comments
by others.

You're wrong about that too.

Old September 27th 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns

and my last flight...
Stevens Point, WI KSTE to Fort Lauderdale, FL KFXE and back to KSTE
myself and one of my partners flew alternate legs
Departed 7pm Friday evening
Arrived back home 9:30pm Saturday evening
17 hours of flying
11 hours of night
8 hours of IFR
3 night landings
1 day time ILS due to haze
Plenty of traffic and controllers in southern FL denying VFR flight
following through some very congested airspace.

No hard IFR. With a good handle on the weather, our only ongoing concern
was ground fog. Without our instrument tickets it would have been a very
extended, circumnavigating, and exhausting flight.

Jim

Old September 27th 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message

That may be, but you have an impaired ability to detect humor in comments
by others.

You're wrong about that too.

Hey, now that is a funny one!

Matt
Old September 27th 06, 04:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
The subject line says it all. I declare from this moment on all
rec.aviators should, on all possible occasions, pick on Jay Honeck for not
having an instrument rating.

Why? Is there something wrong with not having an instrument rating?

Yeah, it makes flying in the clouds so much more interesting.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com