Can Barons back up?

Old October 15th 06, 03:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim
Mxsmanic

Default Can Barons back up?

I notice that my (simulated) Baron has negative pitch adjustment
available, below the feather position. Does this mean reverse thrust,
or what? I tried setting it to -25 on the ramp with the engines
running, and each time I tried it, the engine stalled a few seconds
later. Am I supposed to be able to go backwards in a Baron? Is this
setting for reverse thrust on landing, or what? Or does it even mean
reverse thrust?

Old October 15th 06, 06:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim

Mxsmanic wrote:
I notice that my (simulated) Baron has negative pitch adjustment
available, below the feather position. Does this mean reverse thrust,
or what? I tried setting it to -25 on the ramp with the engines
running, and each time I tried it, the engine stalled a few seconds
later. Am I supposed to be able to go backwards in a Baron? Is this
setting for reverse thrust on landing, or what? Or does it even mean
reverse thrust?

If you shift it into "R" it will back up!

Old October 15th 06, 09:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim
Viperdoc[_1_]

Yes, you can back up a Baron (like the one I own and fly) by shifting into
reverse. It is the R on the switches. Rearward visibility is limited,
however, and I usually roll the windows down to look out.

It is a lot easier getting the plane into the hangar than using a power tug,
like a lot of single engine pilots. On the other hand, taxiing out is simply
a matter of raising the hangar door and starting both engines, and then
using the hangar door remote control to close the door after leaving. It
saves a lot of time.

Old October 15th 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim
Not4wood

Hmmm, I see a little bit of a Troll getting slammed.

How funny is this.

All of a sudden MXSmanic, you come into a group being new here and telling
people what they need to do. Now all of a sudden you have a question? A
pretty basic question at that, isnt it???? And you actually expected a
straight answer for all the nonsense that you spit out!!! I Dont Think
So................

What goes around, comes around!!!!!!!

Not4wood
PS You will get your answer, but you will have to earn it from the group as
a whole first. Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"Steven Barnes" wrote in message
t...
"Peter Dohm" wrote in message
. ..
"Emily" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote:
I notice that my (simulated) Baron has negative pitch adjustment
available, below the feather position. Does this mean reverse

thrust,
or what? I tried setting it to -25 on the ramp with the engines
running, and each time I tried it, the engine stalled a few seconds
later. Am I supposed to be able to go backwards in a Baron? Is
this
setting for reverse thrust on landing, or what? Or does it even
mean
reverse thrust?

If you shift it into "R" it will back up!

Yep! You can even do that in the air!

Which is dangerous without a rear view miror and rear window. :-(

I thought you just told the sim to increase winds on the nose to 200 kts.
Then press "." as necessary to work the brakes. That's how we back up in
real life, right? ugh

Old October 15th 06, 09:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim
karl gruber[_1_]

Actually,

THere IS an STC for reversing props on a Baron...............the only one on
a light twin that I'm aware of.

Karl

Old October 15th 06, 09:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim
Jim Macklin

I think there have been several reversing prop STC, usually
on seaplanes, such as the BE 18 and even the Aztec.