Some flying vids I made...

Old January 29th 07, 12:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Scott Skylane

Default Some flying vids I made...

Jon Kraus wrote:

Now I see why Sam is so sensitive... He really isn't IFR rated and his
medical is expired thus he broke a few FAR's... It all makes sense
now... Hey Sam.. Those who live in glass houses (you know the rest)...
Have a wonderful day..

/snip/

Not so fast, Jon,

A) Third class medicals are good for three years if the holder is under
40 years old, remember?

B) The videos are obviously taken from the right seat, Sam never said
he was PIC.

C) FAA pilot records are notoriously slow to update. He might have his
IR, and it just hasn't shown up, yet.

D) Etc., etc.

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane
Old January 29th 07, 03:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Hey Jon,

Thanks for posting all of my personal information on the internet. I
took and passed my IA checkride on December 2, 2006. That's why my
info isn't updated on the FAA database. I was totally legal on that
flight. Here's my IFR flight plan the day I took all of that footage:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N...24/1510Z/KDHN/
F45

I am 29 years old, so a 3rd class medical is good for 3 years for me.

Too bad you didn't poke around my other videos and see the memorial
video I made for my Dad, who unexpectedly died 3 days after that
flight - just hours after my brother and I had lunch for him.

Email me and let's talk. I recommend you do so, as I am certainly
going to track you through your blog and have a chat with you.
Seriously, you owe me an apology to say the least. Unbelieveable.

On Jan 28, 4:48 pm, Jon Kraus wrote:
Now I see why Sam is so sensitive... He really isn't IFR rated and his
medical is expired thus he broke a few FAR's... It all makes sense
now... Hey Sam.. Those who live in glass houses (you know the rest)...
Have a wonderful day..

SAMUEL THOMAS TRASK
Street 204 N FORD ST
City GOLDEN
State CO
County JEFFERSON Zip Code 80403-1362
Country USA

Medical

Medical Class: Third Medical Date: 4/2004

MUST WEAR CORRECTIVE LENSES.
Certificates

DOI: 10/26/2004
Certificate: PRIVATE PILOT

Rating(s):
PRIVATE PILOT
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND

On Jan 28, 8:50 am, wrote:

Hey cop boy,

Yes, I was on an IFR flight plan. Jerk.

On Jan 28, 6:50 am, Jon Kraus wrote:

Hopefully you were on an IFR flight plan...

Jon

wrote:

The footage was taken during my trip last month from Colorado to FL
and back in a C172 (yeah, I'm a masochist):

Fluffy little clouds:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZJsasteE9k

Blues:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxULCYqvGpY

Old January 29th 07, 04:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
DaveB

On 28 Jan 2007 19:25:48 -0800, wrote:

[...]

Hello Jon,

You must have a lot of time on your hands eh?
MORON
Daveb
Old January 29th 07, 04:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Jan 28, 9:55 am, " wrote:
Ease up on Jon Sam.

Post's like his protect you (and myself) on an IFR flight plan
warning VFR folks not to be mucking 'round the cotton stuff :-)

Good vids.....

Got some vids to music on the net as well.

Thanks, I will check out your vids.

The reason I was short with Jon is that I take great pride in my
flying. The thought of flying around in IMC (in busy FL of all
places) is so revolting to me that it seriously ****es me off that
somebody would ever imply I would do that. Not only did he imply
that, he went off the deep end and pulled my personal information off
the FAA database and posted it on this newsgroup. He then used FAA
data that WE ALL KNOW is very, very slow to update as "proof" that I'm
flying around popping through clouds illegally. He then shows his
complete ignorance my stating that I have an out of date medical.
Apparently he needs to buy and FAR/AIM or at least learn how to look
it up on the internet instead of using the internet to slander me.

I wonder if Jon ever thought about what the FAA would think of him
taking info from their database and using it in this fashion? I also
wonder if have had any idea of what sort of data trail he as left
behind? For somebody that supposedly has ties to the IT industry, he
really should've thought about that. I thought about posting his
address and phone number out there in the circle city, but after about
10 secs I realized how idiotic and juvenile that would be.

I've been posting on and off this newsgroup since I was 20 yrs old
(almost 10 years). I've never seen anyone do what he did to another
pilot. It's just sad.

Sam

Old January 29th 07, 05:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans

wrote \\

Thanks for posting all of my personal information on the internet. I
took and passed my IA checkride on December 2, 2006. That's why my
info isn't updated on the FAA database. I was totally legal on that
flight. Here's my IFR flight plan the day I took all of that footage:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N...1510Z/KDHN/F45

You have to understand one thing, about the vien in which Jon was acting.

We have seen A LOT of stupid pilot tricks, posted here. People rolling
C150's, flying a landings to IMC minimums without any IFR ticket, people
flying without a medical in many years, and posting it all, and proud of it.
Much more of these antics, and worse.

We don't know a thing about you. You could very well have been one of them,
endangering life and limb, then posting about it.

Email me and let's talk. I recommend you do so, as I am certainly
going to track you through your blog and have a chat with you.
Seriously, you owe me an apology to say the least. Unbelieveable.

Making that kind of threat is as unacceptable of a behavior, as was him
posting all of your info.

Telling him that you will track him down? Childish, at best, bully at
worse, and possibly uttering, a crime.

Telling him you are owed an apology; well within your rights, and
acceptable. Any more than that, is a step too far.

By the way, beautiful pictures.
--
Jim in NC

Old January 29th 07, 10:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Duncan (NZ)

In article ,
says...

wrote \\

[...]

What a load of bloody tripe. He hasn't threatened anyone with anything
- he wants to talk about it - so would I.

Jon's actions are totally unwarranted and regardless of the "vien in
which Jon was acting" he should've done a bit more homework before
diving in the deep in.

--
Duncan
Old January 29th 07, 01:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Jan 28, 10:07 pm, "Morgans" wrote:
wrote \\

We have seen A LOT of stupid pilot tricks, posted here. People rolling
C150's, flying a landings to IMC minimums without any IFR ticket, people
flying without a medical in many years, and posting it all, and proud of it.
Much more of these antics, and worse.

We don't know a thing about you. You could very well have been one of them,
endangering life and limb, then posting about it.

Jim,

I've been posting on this newsgroup off and on for longer than most
people here. Not always the same email, but I've been on here since
around 1996. Even with my current email, this was not my first post
on here. This goes back to 2005 with plenty of posts to indicate I am
a real pilot. Go ahead and check, it takes all of 10 secs through
google groups. I've even met other members on here in person.

Threatening him? Why are you saying that? I wanted to talk to him
and ask him why he out of the blue slandered me and posted my contact
info (my physical address). If I wanted to threated him I'd threaten
to post his address and phone number. I have them, but I'm absolutely
NOT going to post them. It is ethically wrong to do so.

All I did was post some video I made of my flight last month. My
brother took the video while I was on an IFR flight plan, in an IFR
certified airplane, talking to ATC, within 5 ft of my assigned
altitude, and exactly on course.

BTW, after I emailed Jon with a polite email requesting an apology, he
replied with a bunch of similar excuses about how he thought "we had
another MXMANIC" on our hands and that he'd only looked up my name in
a publicly available database. I guess he forgot about the part where
he slandered me and posted my contact info on here as well.

Just because it's public does not make it ok to post. I could obtain
somebodys yearly income, what they owe on their house, their social
(if I tried hard enough), etc. Does that make it ok to post them out
here?

I haven't done a damn thing wrong and I don't see how you can defend
him.

Old January 29th 07, 01:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_2_]

Jon Kraus wrote:
Now I see why Sam is so sensitive...

Wow...

That was sooo wrong.
Old January 29th 07, 01:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_2_]

DaveB wrote:

You must have a lot of time on your hands eh?
MORON
Daveb

Why did you repost all of it?

At least Jon could decide it wasn't right and cancel the post, you've
added a second copy.
Old January 29th 07, 06:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

"Morgans" wrote:
We don't know a thing about you. You could very well have been one of
them, endangering life and limb, then posting about it.

In other words, guilty of imagined crimes until proven innocent.

I respectfully suggest the underlying philosophy is dangerously flawed
because it leads to absurd and unjust consequences.