Butterfly iGlide App now available in the US

Old December 12th 12, 01:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Butterfly iGlide App now available in the US

Thats my question, how do I interface with a third party GPS, such as CAI302 or Volkslogger...
Does anybody in the USA use iGlide through the wifi adapter Butterfly sells in EUR?

How about you Paul, why do you sell butterfly brand but no wifi adapter?
Old December 12th 12, 02:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

http://www.butterfly-avionics.com/in...t-installation

Looks as if they might have some cycles started on developing some point integration. Integration, wireless, via Flarm would be fine. But I would like to see bluetooth integration methods from other modern, popular vario's such as the Butterfly vario, or LX V7. This should be possible...
Old December 12th 12, 02:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Jason,

I do sell the Butterfly iGlide Interface Stick adapter he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/butte...y-iGlide-Stick
I have them in stock. They work only with the Butterfly Vario.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old December 12th 12, 03:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, 9 August 2012 08:08:11 UTC-4, Marc - Butterfly Avionics wrote:
Hello everybody,

iGlide, our iOS gliding navigation application is now in made available today in the USA and Canada. We have just released it and await Apple to activate it any minute. You can download it directly on the Apple AppStore.

iGlide has been incredibly successful in Europe. Our Team worked hard to get it ready for the US market, the main work was integrating necessary data and market specific functionality such as different units etc.

iGlide comes in three editions. As a start you can try the "lite edition" (priced $29,99) that features basic functionality. Additional features of higher editions can be directly purchased inside iGlide later on.

Some information can be found on our Youtube channel, many more videos to come: http://www.youtube.com/user/ButterflyAvionics

The iGlide manual and additional information is available he http://www.butterfly.aero

Thanks for your feedback and best regards

Marc

Hi
I have Iglide lite, 29 euros, for the map and airspace so I dont have to change screen on my computer, to be connected to a LX 7000 via a cable that send data and power to my Ipod. It could be Ipad or Ipad mini. I dont know about Iphone. The cable is in the mail.Butterfly was very responsive to my many question.
It will be a few month before I can fly with it.
Regards
S6
Old December 12th 12, 02:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tobias Bieniek

From what I've heard Apple is not allowing the kind of Bluetooth connection (SPP) that is needed for virtual serial ports and that is the reason why Butterfly had to develop the wifi adapter.
Old June 2nd 14, 08:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, December 12, 2012 2:49:16 PM UTC+1, Tobias Bieniek wrote:
From what I've heard Apple is not allowing the kind of Bluetooth connection (SPP) that is needed for virtual serial ports and that is the reason why Butterfly had to develop the wifi adapter.

Can somebody from Butterfly verify or refute this? It would be nice not to have to spend twice as much for wifi when Bluetooth will suffice.

For that matter, why not a cabled solution? I expect many people will be using the Lightning connector for power already -- might as well send some data down that pipe, too.

Where are you Butterfly vario? [email protected] Soaring 17 May 25th 14 05:49 AM
Butterfly vario info [email protected] Soaring 1 August 7th 12 10:08 PM
Butterfly iGlide Reed von Gal Soaring 4 May 2nd 12 06:00 PM
New Butterfly Vario Paul Remde Soaring 238 February 20th 12 05:05 AM
This Just In- Butterfly [email protected] Soaring 6 February 17th 12 10:00 PM