Flight instructor written test prep

Old January 28th 17, 08:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default Flight instructor written test prep

I have read the Russel Holtz books for flight instructing. Anyone recommend a good written test prep book or series for Glider Flight instructor written exam?
Old January 29th 17, 01:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Vaughn Simon[_2_]

On 1/28/2017 2:37 PM, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
I have read the Russel Holtz books for flight instructing. Anyone recommend a good written test prep book or series for Glider Flight instructor written exam?

With any of the FAA tests, I have had great success with online practice
test sites. Naturally I read the material first, but then I take
multiple practice tests until I consistently score well above 90.

Such as: http://www.webexams.com/exam/view?exam=182

Especially for CFI, you can expect your oral to be a much more relaxed
event if you score high on your written. First that likely means that
you have a good grasp of the material, but also because your examiner
will have a record of the questions you missed, and WILL hit those on
your oral.

Also, for CFI you should be acquiring a mini-reference library, which
you will bring to your oral. You won't be expected to be able to answer
every question the examiner asks, but you should be able to find the
information for him/her. Ideally you will have your FAR-AIM tabbed and
highlighted for quick access.

Vaughn
Old January 30th 17, 02:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Giaco

On Saturday, January 28, 2017 at 2:37:56 PM UTC-5, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
I have read the Russel Holtz books for flight instructing. Anyone recommend a good written test prep book or series for Glider Flight instructor written exam?

I have used www.checkride.com for the last 8 years, for all my licenses and for all my students. They update the test bank for free each year, and have great explanations of why answers on the test are right, wrong, or should be right and the FAA is trying to trick you. There is even an "exam mode" that locks out the options and can e-mail direct to your instructor when you pass a mock test and pass. I never scored under a 95% and owe it all to them.

I also use it as a refresher from time to time

FWIW
Chris