Gapa Geezer would be proud

Old January 30th 17, 03:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default Gapa Geezer would be proud

Today I think I set career highs and lows. Highest circling percentage that I can remember associated (naturally) with probably the lowest average climb rate of a cross country flight I have ever flown. SeeYou says 63% circling and .7 knots average.

Took the Cirrus on a downwind dash from Sunflower. This flight really reminded me of the old days in the Cherokee. Lift was weak, torn up, and low. I only got above 3000 AGL a few times. I flew with Brian Bird in his 301 Libelle for the first 1/3rd or so until we got separated.

Ended up landing at a several year unused former private grass runway near Newkirk, OK. Leah was there within an hour and we were home in time for supper!

http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0...tId=-315929099
Old January 30th 17, 03:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Congratulations -- at least you flew....
Old January 30th 17, 11:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

This word "dash" - I do not think it means what you think it means.

That's more like a downwind slog. Or crawl. Or plod.

P3
Old January 30th 17, 11:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Yeah! A couple of days ago I flew a 2.3 hour 30 nm flight in my
Stemme. That's an average speed of just a bit over 13 knots.

--
Dan, 5J
Old January 31st 17, 12:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 2:03:50 PM UTC-8, Papa3 wrote:
This word "dash" - I do not think it means what you think it means.

That's more like a downwind slog. Or crawl. Or plod.

P3

Yes, but that beat my slog of the same day.
Good practice for SGS, Tony... Which is just around the corner.
Jim

Oh Gapa Geezer... Tony[_5_] Soaring 2 April 29th 13 04:35 PM
Gapa Geezer wins big! Tony[_5_] Soaring 6 December 13th 12 05:50 PM
Gapa Geezer has been outed! Tony[_5_] Soaring 1 April 16th 12 05:20 AM
A gaggle of questions about traning from an old geezer... SimGuy Instrument Flight Rules 15 September 18th 07 02:36 AM
PW-2 Gapa Carl Buehler Soaring 5 March 14th 04 09:02 PM