Avgas in France has reached $7.50/gal !

Old April 23rd 05, 04:16 PM
Matt Barrow

"Wolfgang Schwanke" wrote in message
"Matt Barrow" wrote
in :

Of course, the results of such surveys depend on the political

leanings
of the authors. Authors who favour a neoliberal policy will come to
results that portray the US as better, so to encourage Europeans to
mimick American policies. Economics isn't a science,

Paul Krugman thinks it is...at least Keynesian economics, that is.

And I think neither is.

Which "neither"?

(Who is Paul Krugman anyway?)

it's ideology to a
large extent.

Boy, when my company (on the micro scale) goes through cycles I hope that
some of our brain power comes through, rather than just our ideology.

Find the source of their data and report back.

Lemme just mention that there are economists who think that statistics
are difficult to compare, and that some of the American GNP figures are
a result of "creative bookkeeping".

Read the report and report back, especially how the authors define how they
dervied their numbers.

IME people who cite the Bergström Report come in two classes:
A) USAans (because it flatters their national pride, understandable)
B) Europeans who favour neoliberal policies (saw it in another NG just
today)

Both groups have in common that they like what it says.

Read the report and report back, then we can abstract in Hong Kong (pre-Red
China turnover), and the other up and coming economies with a contrast to
Eastern Europe and the rest of the third world. (The similarites and the
differences are striking...and seeing similarities is a very neat human
trait).

Old April 23rd 05, 04:52 PM
Martin Hotze

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 08:20:29 -0700, Matt Barrow wrote:

You like sources? LA TRIBUNE (French economic daily) reported yesterday

the
results of a governmant analysis which showed that most people presently
benefiting from "reinsertion" welfare will earn less when they actually do

get
a job. This is considered to be a big hurdle for Mr Douste-Blazy (minister

of
health and "family affairs") who has the daunting task of trying to

propose a
reform for this type of social welfare.

That's just their opinion.

and it is a FRENCH opinion. Now come on, you can't be serious with FRENCH
opinions.

#m
--
http://www.hotze.priv.at/album/aviation/caution.jpg
Old April 23rd 05, 06:17 PM
Chris

"Roger" wrote in message
On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 20:03:58 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:
snip
Social engineering through taxation -- even well-meaning efforts -- almost
always seems to have unforeseen consequences.

You mean something like prohibition? It created a great market for
the mobs back then.

The same is practiced in the US. Its called every man for themselves.
Interesting that the main sneerers of using taxation to tackle the problems
of society does not recognise that his passion of flying is heavily
supported by taxation. Not just the tax on AVGAS that covers squat.

Who funds the FAA, who funds the DODD, who funds airport development, who is
funding the bankrupt airlines, usually taxpayers, either federal, state or
city most all of them. Seems to me like US aviation is one of the biggest
babies sucking on the welfare tit.

Soaring near Paris, France (Not Texas :-) [email protected] Soaring 17 November 13th 04 07:39 PM
News from France HECTOP Piloting 12 April 1st 04 01:16 AM
Russia joins France and Germany captain! Military Aviation 12 September 9th 03 09:56 AM
France Bans the Term 'E-Mail' bsh Military Aviation 38 July 26th 03 03:18 PM
"France downplays jet swap with Russia" Mike Military Aviation 8 July 21st 03 05:46 AM