Lightspeed Hedsets 20G Vs 30G

Old March 6th 04, 04:18 PM
John Theune

Default Lightspeed Hedsets 20G Vs 30G

It's time to get a new headset and I've heard many good things about the
Lightspeed units. Has anyone anything to offer as to the real world
difference between the 20Gs and the 30Gs? Is the 4 DB diff in ANR really
worth the 120.00 price increase? Looking at the specs I can see no other
difference in the units.

John

Old March 6th 04, 06:38 PM
Newps

If the difference is indeed 4 db then you will hear less than half the
noise of the older units. That would be huge.

Old March 6th 04, 08:47 PM
Jay Honeck

I've got the Twenty 3Gs, and love 'em!

Just don't buy any of their older models. (I.E.: 15s, 15XLs, 20s, 20XLs)
I've got three pair of them, and they break continually.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 6th 04, 10:32 PM
Thomas Borchert

John,

Looking at the specs I can see no other
difference in the units.

there isn't, really. What kind of aircraft, what engine?

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old March 7th 04, 10:53 PM
John Theune

Thomas Borchert wrote in
:

John,

Looking at the specs I can see no other
difference in the units.

there isn't, really. What kind of aircraft, what engine?

Mostly Cessna mostly 160-210 HP singles mostly fixed pitch props.
Old March 8th 04, 02:02 AM
Bill

I have the 20G and my partner in our Sundowner has 30G. We've swapped and
can't tell the difference.

BILL

Old March 8th 04, 08:00 AM
Thomas Borchert

John,

doesn't sound like anything overly noisy. The 20 would probably do
fine. OTOH, considering the money you save compared to brand B, you
might just as well get the best.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Lightspeed Excellent Service S Ramirez Piloting 55 January 20th 04 02:02 PM
Lightspeed Update Jay Honeck Piloting 6 January 16th 04 02:12 AM
Lightspeed Comes Through! Jay Honeck Owning 75 August 25th 03 04:45 PM
Lightspeed Comes Through! Jay Honeck Piloting 76 August 25th 03 04:45 PM
Lightspeed Battery Box Warning Justin Case Piloting 74 July 13th 03 03:12 AM