What Polar

Old April 18th 12, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_13_]

Default What Polar

I own a Open Cirrus and was wondering what polar I should be using in
SeeYou mobile?
SeeYou has two polars, Cirrus 18m, with a L/D of 39:1 and Cir.L265,
with a L/D of 44:1
The 44:1 matches the Cirrus’s L/D, but I’ve never seen it called Cir.
L265 ?, and when you google
Cir.L265 it shows pics of a Open Cirrus.
Thanks
Old April 18th 12, 04:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hagbard Celine

Paul Bickle's "Polars Of Eight" test got these results from a Cirrus:

best L/D 37:1

6.5 lb/square ft. loading at 878lb.
knots - fpm.
40 -138
50 -136
60 -173
70 -230
80 -319
90 -430
100 -577
110 -766

8.06 lb/square ft. loading at 1093lb.
knots - fpm.
40 -N/A
50 -141
60 -168
70 -213
80 -278
90 -362
100 -472
110 -624
Old April 18th 12, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
aerodyne

I have flight test data for my aircraft s/n80, I would use the Bikle
data as a start. certainly NOT 44:1

Contact me, I will put you on the Open Cirrus message board, can get
you the data you need.

Aerodyne

aerodyneATsocalDOTrrDOTcom
Old April 18th 12, 09:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Erik Braun

Since the German Aerospace Center (DLR) owned an Open Cirrus once for
comparison in Idaflieg polar measurements, the Cirrus polar should be
very well known.

See: http://users.ox.ac.uk/~gliding/docs/...on%20Chart.xls

Erik.

Old April 19th 12, 06:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

I believe the Cirrus L265 is the factory designation of the original 17.7 meter configuration.

Try Googling it!

Mike

On Wednesday, April 18, 2012 7:10:29 PM UTC-7, Dan wrote:
On Apr 18, 1:22*pm, Erik Braun wrote:
Since the German Aerospace Center (DLR) owned an Open Cirrus once for
comparison in Idaflieg polar measurements, the Cirrus polar should be
very well known.

See:http://users.ox.ac.uk/~gliding/docs/...on%20Chart.xls

Erik.

Am 18.04.2012 03:52, schrieb Dan:

* I own a Open Cirrus and was wondering what polar I should be using in
SeeYou mobile?
SeeYou has two polars, Cirrus 18m, with a L/D of 39:1 and Cir.L265,
with a L/D of 44:1
The 44:1 matches the Cirrus’s L/D, but I’ve never seen it called Cir.
L265 ?, and when you google
Cir.L265 it shows pics of a Open Cirrus.
Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the information,
I'm still curious about the Cir.L265 in Seeyou mobile,
maybe it's an extended span Cirrus like Moffat modified in the sunship
games?
Dan

Kestrel 17 Polar Jim Archer Soaring 1 November 24th 08 05:33 PM
Kestrel 17 Polar Jim Archer Soaring 0 November 21st 08 04:45 PM
LX-Polar Program GM Soaring 6 September 24th 08 04:27 AM
K8 Polar Mike Schumann Soaring 2 July 22nd 06 04:10 PM
HP-11/Sisu Polar [email protected] Soaring 7 February 17th 05 11:46 PM