XCSoar Forum registration

Old June 25th 12, 02:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Doug[_7_]

Default XCSoar Forum registration

I've been trying to register on the XCSoar site so that I might post questions on the forum. Thus far, I'm getting no where. The site says my user id has not been registered and to contact an administrator. Clicking on the link to contact an administrator requires me to register... DOH !!!

I've just started playing around with XCSoar. It works great on my Android phone and great on my HP47xx using Condor. Unfortunately, I can't get XCSoar to talk to my Cambridge 302. MCu has no such qualms.

I'd love to ask my questions on the XCSoar Forum... but I can't get registered.

Any input, including how to ask an administrator for help would be appreciated.

Doug

Old June 25th 12, 02:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Reitter

On Sunday, June 24, 2012 9:28:43 PM UTC-4, Doug wrote:

I've been trying to register on the XCSoar site so that I might post questions on the forum.

Not sure about the forum, but did you know we have an active mailing list?

Old June 25th 12, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Doug[_7_]

On Sunday, June 24, 2012 9:32:52 PM UTC-4, David Reitter wrote:
On Sunday, June 24, 2012 9:28:43 PM UTC-4, Doug wrote:

I've been trying to register on the XCSoar site so that I might post questions on the forum.

Not sure about the forum, but did you know we have an active mailing list?

tried the mailing list just now... thanks for the info
Old June 25th 12, 05:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soartech[_2_]

On Jun 24, 9:28*pm, Doug wrote:
I've been trying to register on the XCSoar site so that I might post questions on the forum. Thus far, I'm getting no where. The site says my user id has not been registered and to contact an administrator. Clicking on the link to contact an administrator requires me to register... DOH !!!

I've just started playing around with XCSoar. It works great on my Android phone and great on my HP47xx using Condor. Unfortunately, I can't get XCSoar to talk to my Cambridge 302. MCu has no such qualms.

I'd love to ask my questions on the XCSoar Forum... but I can't get registered.

Any input, including how to ask an administrator for help would be appreciated.

Doug

I have had exactly the same experience in trying to get on the forum
so you are not alone. I think you have to be God to get on.
Thanks D.R. for the alternative suggestion.
Old June 25th 12, 10:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Xtophe

On 25 juin, 17:31, soartech wrote:
I have had exactly the same experience in trying to get on the forum
so you are not alone. I think you have to be God to get on.
Thanks D.R. for the alternative suggestion.

The server hosting xcsoar.org has been misbehaving lately. Now it look
like account creation is possible but the confirmation emails are not
sent.

--
Xtophe
Old June 25th 12, 10:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

As far as XCSoar -CAI302... I use a K6BT serial to bluetooth converter
and the bluetooth connection on my Android. Works just fine.

Old June 25th 12, 11:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
B _Beefa

I managed to register without fuss some months ago? ... and I am not God.

Give it another go !

=

Old June 26th 12, 03:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Doug[_7_]

The server hosting xcsoar.org has been misbehaving lately. Now it look
like account creation is possible but the confirmation emails are not
sent.

--
Xtophe

no luck... I can't register because my username and email address are already registered. I can't login because my account is inactive and I should contact an administrator... I can't contact an administrator without an active account.

the email group yielded responses pretty quickly although they were mostly of the "works for me" variety.

Old July 4th 12, 09:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tobias Bieniek

Hi Doug, I'm one of the administrators of the forum. If you can tell me the username that you tried to register, I will try to reset your password and send it to you via mail. I'm sorry that you had these troubles!

Turbo
Old July 5th 12, 01:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Doug[_7_]

thanks Tobias,

I did eventually get in but have not posted on the forum yet.

I had a couple hours to kill this morning and was able to get my 302 connected to XCSoar. I'll post my experience on the XCSoar forum.

Doug

CAI-302 and XCSoar Dan Marotta Soaring 7 March 29th 12 09:55 PM
xcsoar [email protected] Soaring 40 August 13th 09 09:01 PM
XCSoar in the UK Martin Gregorie[_5_] Soaring 0 August 10th 09 10:46 PM
XCSoar jorgie Soaring 2 November 2nd 04 01:05 AM
XCSoar Robert Danewid Soaring 2 February 7th 04 02:30 PM