A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Best Flight Of the Day NA



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old May 1st 20, 12:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 390
Default Best Flight Of the Day NA

On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 5:08:26 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
I have been looking at OLC and trying to make a determination as to had the best flight of the day in North America. Now listen, no politics here, just flight evaluation and the cut off time is midnight on the East Coast. No flaming liberals shall post. Bob


Looks like Moriarty is beginning to get good and I look forward to seeing many great flights in the months to come.
Ads
  #62  
Old May 7th 20, 07:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 390
Default Best Flight Of the Day NA

On Friday, May 1, 2020 at 7:39:45 AM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 5:08:26 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
I have been looking at OLC and trying to make a determination as to had the best flight of the day in North America. Now listen, no politics here, just flight evaluation and the cut off time is midnight on the East Coast. No flaming liberals shall post. Bob


Looks like Moriarty is beginning to get good and I look forward to seeing many great flights in the months to come.


looks like the guys in Wisconsin had great flights yesterday, wonderful triangles!!!! I thought that I might have a chance at a honorable mention as I flew completely around Lake O again yesterday. Lake O, no easy task with a very strong west wind and trying to avoid the lake shadow. Actually stayed low on the shadow side and got down to 1k on the shadow side only to stick in there and get lucky. Finally got back up and continued homeward where I landed at home and tucked the old girl in the hangar only to get ready for the next adventure.
  #63  
Old May 9th 20, 10:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 390
Default Best Flight Of the Day NA

On Thursday, May 7, 2020 at 2:11:13 AM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
On Friday, May 1, 2020 at 7:39:45 AM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 5:08:26 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
I have been looking at OLC and trying to make a determination as to had the best flight of the day in North America. Now listen, no politics here, just flight evaluation and the cut off time is midnight on the East Coast. No flaming liberals shall post. Bob


Looks like Moriarty is beginning to get good and I look forward to seeing many great flights in the months to come.


looks like the guys in Wisconsin had great flights yesterday, wonderful triangles!!!! I thought that I might have a chance at a honorable mention as I flew completely around Lake O again yesterday. Lake O, no easy task with a very strong west wind and trying to avoid the lake shadow. Actually stayed low on the shadow side and got down to 1k on the shadow side only to stick in there and get lucky. Finally got back up and continued homeward where I landed at home and tucked the old girl in the hangar only to get ready for the next adventure.


Looks like the Caesar Creek ridge was working well, great flight.
  #64  
Old May 10th 20, 12:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,124
Default Best Flight Of the Day NA

On Saturday, May 9, 2020 at 5:53:27 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
On Thursday, May 7, 2020 at 2:11:13 AM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
On Friday, May 1, 2020 at 7:39:45 AM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 5:08:26 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
I have been looking at OLC and trying to make a determination as to had the best flight of the day in North America. Now listen, no politics here, just flight evaluation and the cut off time is midnight on the East Coast. No flaming liberals shall post. Bob

Looks like Moriarty is beginning to get good and I look forward to seeing many great flights in the months to come.


looks like the guys in Wisconsin had great flights yesterday, wonderful triangles!!!! I thought that I might have a chance at a honorable mention as I flew completely around Lake O again yesterday. Lake O, no easy task with a very strong west wind and trying to avoid the lake shadow. Actually stayed low on the shadow side and got down to 1k on the shadow side only to stick in there and get lucky. Finally got back up and continued homeward where I landed at home and tucked the old girl in the hangar only to get ready for the next adventure.


Looks like the Caesar Creek ridge was working well, great flight.


The "Caesar Creek Ridge" is in PA.
UH
  #65  
Old May 10th 20, 02:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,955
Default Best Flight Of the Day NA

Apparently the new castle ridge was better. Just another 1000km for JP I hope he doesn't start getting bored with them
  #66  
Old August 5th 20, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 390
Default Best Flight Of the Day NA

On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 5:08:26 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
I have been looking at OLC and trying to make a determination as to had the best flight of the day in North America. Now listen, no politics here, just flight evaluation and the cut off time is midnight on the East Coast. No flaming liberals shall post. Bob


Looks like Todd Roy of the TCSC had the best flight yesterday with another big triangle. Way to go Todd, keep up the big triangles and not the straight lines. Bob
  #67  
Old August 6th 20, 06:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 44
Default Best Flight Of the Day NA

Did we miss this?

Source: It's just been confirmed that Kathy Fosha has earned a total of 23 California State and National Record(s) from her 750 km Out and Return (Mt Grant O/R) flight on July 26, 2020.
She also earned #58 750 km Diplome."

mic drop!
  #68  
Old August 6th 20, 06:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 44
Default Best Flight Of the Day NA

On Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 12:44:49 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Did we miss this?

Source: It's just been confirmed that Kathy Fosha has earned a total of 23 California State and National Record(s) from her 750 km Out and Return (Mt Grant O/R) flight on July 26, 2020.
She also earned #58 750 km Diplome."

mic drop!


https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-3....036731#comment
  #69  
Old August 6th 20, 09:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 390
Default Best Flight Of the Day NA

On Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 1:44:49 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Did we miss this?

Source: It's just been confirmed that Kathy Fosha has earned a total of 23 California State and National Record(s) from her 750 km Out and Return (Mt Grant O/R) flight on July 26, 2020.
She also earned #58 750 km Diplome."

mic drop!


No, we did not miss anything, Fosha had the #4 flight of the day, UWE was number 1.
  #70  
Old August 7th 20, 03:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 44
Default Best Flight Of the Day NA

On Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 3:07:08 PM UTC-5, Bob Youngblood wrote:
On Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 1:44:49 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Did we miss this?

Source: It's just been confirmed that Kathy Fosha has earned a total of 23 California State and National Record(s) from her 750 km Out and Return (Mt Grant O/R) flight on July 26, 2020.
She also earned #58 750 km Diplome."

mic drop!


No, we did not miss anything, Fosha had the #4 flight of the day, UWE was number 1.


Huh?, Kathy not only had the best US flight of the day, but credit for the extra burden of filling out 23 sets of declarations. Everyone else gets a participation ribbon. What a great effort.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EA-6b a-flight-crew-sits-in-the-cockpit-of-an-ea-6b-prowler-aircraft-on-the-flight-e63638-1600.jpg 803 (1/1) J3[_2_] Aviation Photos 0 July 5th 19 08:28 PM
A Southwest Flight Made an Emergency Landing After an In-Flight Case of Non-Consensual Footsie Got Out of Hand Miloch Aviation Photos 0 October 20th 18 08:13 PM
Qatari Royal Flight 747-8I Jumbo Jet Is Up For Sale And Yes There Are Interior Photos! [1/6] - A7-HBJ, Qatar Ameri Flight's other 747-8i BBJ.jpg (1/1) Miloch Aviation Photos 0 August 20th 18 05:21 AM
IGC Flight Recorders using Flarm firmware - New DLL file forvalidating IGC flight data files Ian Strachan Soaring 0 July 20th 14 07:28 PM
Does anybody know a link to a real picture of the X-43 in flight sans Pegasus or better yet a video clip of the flight? Scott Ferrin Military Aviation 0 April 3rd 04 08:47 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2020 AviationBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.