Fredericksburg Texas MG contest

Old August 26th 04, 03:08 PM
Thomas Knauff

Default Fredericksburg Texas MG contest

Doris and I are flying in the motorglider contest in Fredericksburg, Texas.
We hoped to also have a two place contest, however, a few cancellations and
lack of interest had only two of us showing up. There a total of eleven
contestants in the motorglider contest.

The weather has been unusually cool, meaning very low altitudes and lots of
rain. Texas is GREEN! Flying low over the Texas hill country can be very
uncomfortable. Yesterday was our first contest day and all but one used
thier engine to get home. The highest we are able to climb has been about
4,000 AGL.

The new ILEC SN-10 software is a great improvement. While flying the task,
the moving map screen shows the five close airports with a plus sign if you
can reach it, or a negative if you can not. A simple click on the screen
shows all the information about the airport, and you can choose to direct
the flight to that airport if desired.

Fredericksburg is a neat town settled by Germans. The Nimitz museum is
fantastic . Most of us are staying in the Hangar Hotel on the airport with
luxury accomodations. The pilot meetings are held in a lavish lounge. We get
a special glider contest rate for the week.

--
Thomas Knauff
Knauff & Grove, Inc.

Old August 28th 04, 06:08 PM
JJ Sinclair

"Thomas Knauff" wrote in message hlink.net...
Doris and I are flying in the motorglider contest in Fredericksburg, Texas.
We hoped to also have a two place contest, however, a few cancellations and
lack of interest had only two of us showing up. There a total of eleven
contestants in the motorglider contest.

How does excluding the big birds from your 2-place contest, look to you now, Tom?
:) JJ

Fredericksburg TX 2 place contest Pete Reinhart Soaring 2 August 25th 04 03:50 PM
30th Annual CCSC Soaring Contest Mario Crosina Soaring 0 March 17th 04 07:31 AM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 05:26 PM
Texas Soars into Aviation History A Piloting 7 December 17th 03 03:09 AM
Texas Winter Down Wind Dash Contest? Snead1 Soaring 5 December 3rd 03 05:00 AM