A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

ClearNav2 compatibility?

Old April 20th 21, 10:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Phoenix
external usenet poster

Default ClearNav2 compatibility?

I'm installing a ClearNav2 and already have a Cambridge LNav / GPSnav w/Cambridge vario. Is there any reason to keep the Cambridge combo in the panel? Anything it can do that the CN2 can't? Should I just install hole covers and try to sell the Cambridge combo?
Old April 20th 21, 11:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Sinclair[_5_]
external usenet poster

Default ClearNav2 compatibility?

On Tuesday, April 20, 2021 at 2:03:05 PM UTC-7, Phoenix wrote:
I'm installing a ClearNav2 and already have a Cambridge LNav / GPSnav w/Cambridge vario. Is there any reason to keep the Cambridge combo in the panel? Anything it can do that the CN2 can't? Should I just install hole covers and try to sell the Cambridge combo?

I’m still running a Cambridge model 20 along with the SN-10. The next point is in the computer, and way point is monitored on the model 20. Way pinot can be, nearest land-able, restricted airspace, etc. This arrangement also gives me two GPSs in case one goes down. I have the display on the canopy rail along with portable FLARM due to old eyes!
JJ