Hangar rent

Old November 6th 03, 10:36 PM
Kobra

Default Hangar rent

I don't know if this has been covered before, but how much is everyone
paying for their hangars and what is provided?

Mine is a T-hanger with a dirt floor, free electric and manual doors that
are a bear to open and close. The hangar is damp of course, but not too
bad.

When we first secured it the rent was 240.00 and no lease. A few months
later it went up to 280.00 and no lease. Just last month we got our fuel
bill and the hangar rent went up again to 300.00 and the owner refuses to
give us a lease.

That's a 60.00/mo. increase in less than a year. The rumor has it that the
owner is going to keep raising the rent until people start moving out and
there are a few empty hangars. At that point he feels they will be priced
properly.

My question is: at what price would you walk out of a dirt floor T-hangar
with free electric and stiff manual doors? There are no other local
airports with similar hangars that are empty. A tie-down goes for 65.00/mo.

Kobra

Old November 6th 03, 11:06 PM

On 6-Nov-2003, "Kobra" wrote:

Mine is a T-hanger with a dirt floor, free electric and manual doors that
are a bear to open and close. The hangar is damp of course, but not too
bad.

When we first secured it the rent was 240.00 and no lease. A few months
later it went up to 280.00 and no lease. Just last month we got our fuel
bill and the hangar rent went up again to 300.00 and the owner refuses to
give us a lease.

Whereabouts are you located?

We have a nice T-hangar with a concrete floor, manual doors (that work
reasonably well), "free" electricity for $220/mo at PAE (Everett, WA). PAE
just built some really spiffy new T-hangars with electric doors and all the
trimmings that go for about $350/mo. I believe there are waiting lists for
enclosed hangars at all major airports in the Puget Sound region.

--
-Elliott Drucker
Old November 6th 03, 11:40 PM
Kobra

I'm in NJ at N14. There's a waiting list here too. The owner has a zoning
approval for 30 more hangars, but he refuses to build them. He is afraid
that it will devalue the existing hangars.

I don't get it. I'd rather have 30 more hangars taking in 350/mo. with
planes in them buying fuel, food, oil and supplies than the status quo
paying 50.00 more per month.

Kobra

Old November 6th 03, 11:43 PM
Ross Richardson

In North Texas about 70 miles north of Dallas I pay $155/month with a
concrete floor, sliding doors, and pretty clean. There is another set
that are built the same but older and have varing degrees of concrete
and asphalt for the same price. the end T-hangar and a half rents for
$175 because they are larger. 100LL is $1.89 weekdays adn $1.84
weekends. the city is planning on building new hangars and there is a
proposed rent increase. We have 24 hour access to our terminal and 24
hour credit card fuel. Now, the closer you go to Dallas the more hangars
go for. We have the really work to keep the rent reasonable. I was the
chairman of the airport board for 5 years.

Old November 6th 03, 11:50 PM
Bob Noel

In article , "Kobra"
wrote:

I don't know if this has been covered before, but how much is everyone
paying for their hangars and what is provided?

$459/month

electricity (not metered), but only 1 15 amp circuit (not including
the door)

electric bifold doors

asphalt floor

I think it's 44' wide or 46' wide.

Rumor has it that Massport does a good job plowing.

--
Bob Noel
Old November 7th 03, 12:36 AM
Stu Gotts

Depends on what part of the country you're in.

Old November 7th 03, 12:37 AM
Stu Gotts

Gainesville or Bridgeport?

Old November 7th 03, 12:57 AM
John

I've heard that the hangar rental at TTN - Trenton, NJ - just went from
$365/month to around $500/month.

Too steep for me!

John

Old November 7th 03, 01:01 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Kobra wrote:

That's a 60.00/mo. increase in less than a year. The rumor has it that the
owner is going to keep raising the rent until people start moving out and
there are a few empty hangars. At that point he feels they will be priced
properly.

He is correct.

My question is: at what price would you walk out of a dirt floor T-hangar
with free electric and stiff manual doors?

That's up to you, not us.

George Patterson
If you're not part of the solution, you can make a lot of money prolonging
the problem.
Old November 7th 03, 01:32 AM
Wayne

$192 per month for a T hangar with electric bifold door that stops on it's
own at full open and close.. Floor is concrete and electric is included.
Located at HGR
Wayne