Hangar rent

Old December 4th 03, 07:20 AM
Ben Haas

(M.E. Borner) wrote in message . com...
At HPN (White Plains, NY) the deal is a little different. $72,000 gets
you a 15 year lease on a 45' T, concrete floor, electricity. After the
lease is up I get to pay again for another 15 years. That works out to
about $400/mo. not counting that they have the use of your money
during the lease term. When I moved from tie downs to the hanger the
tie down rate was $180/mo. but I understand it has gone up twice since
9/11. I think it is now around $240. Since they were built (about 4
years ago) there has been a long waiting list for hangers and I think
only a few have changed hands - I was one of the luck ones. There were
rumors of building some more but I have not heard or seen any activity
on that in a couple of years - probably another project victim of 9-11
aviation blues.

You think this is a deal?????????????????????? WOW..

"Kobra" wrote in message ...
I don't know if this has been covered before, but how much is everyone
paying for their hangars and what is provided?

Mine is a T-hanger with a dirt floor, free electric and manual doors that
are a bear to open and close. The hangar is damp of course, but not too
bad.

When we first secured it the rent was 240.00 and no lease. A few months
later it went up to 280.00 and no lease. Just last month we got our fuel
bill and the hangar rent went up again to 300.00 and the owner refuses to
give us a lease.

That's a 60.00/mo. increase in less than a year. The rumor has it that the
owner is going to keep raising the rent until people start moving out and
there are a few empty hangars. At that point he feels they will be priced
properly.

My question is: at what price would you walk out of a dirt floor T-hangar
with free electric and stiff manual doors? There are no other local
airports with similar hangars that are empty. A tie-down goes for 65.00/mo.

Kobra

Old December 4th 03, 02:35 PM
Malcolm Teas

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:1YEqb.133044$Fm2.111292@attbi_s04...
I don't know if this has been covered before, but how much is everyone
paying for their hangars and what is provided?

You'll hate it when I tell you that the City just jacked our hangar rent
10%...to $121.00 per month.

The only downside? The taxiway is breaking up, and there's no money in the
city budget to fix it.

Shoot. At that price y'all oughta take up a collection from the
hanger renters to fix the taxiway. You wouldn't wan the city to get
ideas after all...

-Malcolm Teas
Old December 4th 03, 08:34 PM
Dan Thomas

"R. Hubbell" wrote in message news:Gcyzb.20643$ZE1.18345@fed1read04...
On 3 Dec 2003 17:08:17 -0800 (Dan Thomas) wrote:

The guy in rural North Carolina is right. Living in the boondocks
means making less money, but other things more than make up for it.
I'm in rural Alberta, Canada. Paved and lighted 3000' airport. I
bought an old hangar for $1000, gravel floor, doors that work. Lease
on the land is 100/yr, taxes are $75. So $175/yr works out to
$15/month. Airport's 2 1/2 miles from home. I can bicycle it. I work
there, too.
But it needs new metal roofing. $500. Almost as much as some of
you guys pay for a month's rent. Awful, ain't it?

Dan

Ok I like the prices you pay but how often does weather become a limiting
factor? Can you ride your bike year round to the airport?
Okay, sorry I think I know the answer. But since you're runbing it in
I figured you should at least let us know how often you can fly.

R. Hubbell

This part of Canada gets more days of sunshine than anywhere else
in the country. I don't often ride my bike in the winter, but some of
the guys here ride year-round. The unbikeable days are when there's a
blizzard blowing and nobody, not even those in cars, get very far.
Those aren't too frequent.
The weather isn't the limiting factor around here. It's the
available time. I sometimes fly at lunch, as I did today. Air was
clear as crystal, smooth as silk. I could easily see the Rockies 75
miles away. Sometimes I take my wife on a Sunday afternoon and fly
over to another small town and land on their grass strip, one block
from one of the best little restaurants anywhere.
I can almost hear the groans. I'm sorry. Sort of.

Dan
Old December 4th 03, 10:19 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Dan Thomas wrote:

I can almost hear the groans. I'm sorry. Sort of.

Don't be on my account. I prefer somewhat warmer climes.

George Patterson
Some people think they hear a call to the priesthood when what they really
hear is a tiny voice whispering "It's indoor work with no heavy lifting".
Old December 5th 03, 02:07 AM
John Roncallo

Ray Andraka wrote:

IIRC, it went from $50/mo to $85/mo in 1992 or 1993, and back then the ramp
plowing was random. Sometimes it would be plowed pretty close to the
airplane, others you'd have to shovel out a 50' path between the airplane and
the shovelled lane. $110/mo is ridiculous. Even PVD, which doesn't want us
there, is only $52/mo for tiedowns, and they'll often do what they can to
stuff you in a hangar if there is severe weather predicted.

PVD is only $52/month in a class C. Our club pays 95/month for tiedown
at a non-towered airport 4B8 in Plainville CT and 65/month at MMK in
Meriden CT. I guess they are making it up on the new RI landing fees.

John Roncallo

Old August 3rd 08, 07:10 PM
KAviate KAviate is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy View Post
At Caldwell Idaho near Boise, $170 a month for a clean T hangar with
concrete floor, electricity, electric folding door, no heat. Tie down
charges seem to be waived once you're one of the regulars.

Kathy
Kathy, Are there other spaces available at that rate? Thanks John
Old August 3rd 08, 07:11 PM
KAviate KAviate is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAviate View Post
Kathy, Are there other spaces available at that rate? Thanks John
John (208) 345 - 3163