med requirements?

Old September 7th 03, 04:15 PM
242

Default med requirements?

I have heard that it is not possible to obtain a pilot's license if
afflicted with insulin-dependent diabetes. Is this, indeed, the case?
Please advise. Thank you.

Old September 7th 03, 05:54 PM
Peter Seddon

Hi

Full details are on the web site for the CAA, from what I gather the answer
is maybe.

Peter S
DLA

Old September 7th 03, 06:34 PM
Al

er where in the world are you?

Al

Old September 8th 03, 05:21 PM
Mark Stevens

There is a reasonable explanation for the FAA here..

http://www.aviationmedicine.com/diabetes.htm

At 19:12 07 September 2003, Peter Seddon wrote:
UK

The new NPPL med reqs are less stringent than a JAR
PPL

Peter S
DLA

'Al' wrote in message
er where in the world are you?

Al

Old September 8th 03, 05:44 PM
Tim

I think Al's point is that 242 is posting from the Eastern USA - so
the UK CAA won't be all that helpful to him ... on the otherhand the
FAA might be the ones

"Peter Seddon" s comments read:

UK

The new NPPL med reqs are less stringent than a JAR PPL

Peter S
DLA

"Al" wrote in message
er where in the world are you?