Flaps on take-off and landing

Old September 19th 06, 06:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

Default Flaps on take-off and landing

"Marty Shapiro" wrote

Do you have any idea what the 3 most important factors in determining the
market value of a house are? Hint: Construction cost is NOT one of them.

Let ME guess.

Location, location, location!

Do I win anything? g
--
Jim in NC

Old September 19th 06, 08:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Mxsmanic,

Almost all housing in Paris is in the form of apartments.

For 40k? I'll take it.

Another claim you can't back up...

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old September 19th 06, 08:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Default Renting vs Owning (was Flaps on take-off and landing)

Marc,

but it doesn't seem to me like owning is
such a great proposition if you're just a recreational flyer.

Owning costs per hour come down to near rental value if you fly at
least 100 to 200 hours per year, depending on circumstances. That's why
partnerships are attractive for many, with groups of 2 to 5 people.

Here's the key advantage (to me) about owning:

I can take the plane, fly one hour to one of the North Sea barrier
islands here in Germany, stay for two or three days and fly one hour
back. Impossible to convice an FBO to let me have a plane for that
length of time when I fly just two hours.

Other advantages involve knowing the status of the plane and who
handled it, exterior and interior status and care, avionics tailored to
your likings and so on.

But in general, yes, owning will be more expensive than renting.

Oh, one more thing: Depending on what kind of plane you want, you can
get one for 20k or so. A nice Ercoupe, for example.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old September 19th 06, 01:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marty Shapiro

Margy Natalie wrote in
m:

Marty Shapiro wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Marty Shapiro writes:

The IRS allows 47.5 cents/mile as the cost to operate a car if its
use is tax deductible.

You use IRS figures for the car, but not for the plane. How much
does the IRS allow for operating a plane instead of a car?

I've never found a direct answer for the IRS allowance for private
air travel. Whenever I rent an aircraft for an Angel Flight, I get
to deduct the entire cost of the rental.

Found the Federal reimbursements.

Margy

For use of a Your reimbursement is

§301-10.266 Is information available to the public about travel on
Government aircraft by senior Federal officials and non-Federal
travelers?

Privately owned aircraft
(e.g., helicopter, except an airplane).

Actual cost of operation
(i.e., fuel, oil, plus the additional expenses listed in §301-10.304).

Yes, an agency that authorizes travel on Government air- craft and an
agency that owns or hires Government aircraft must make records about
travelers on those aircraft available to the public in response to
written requests under the Free- dom of Information Act (5 U.S.C.
552), except for portions

Privately owned airplane. 1 1.07
Privately owned automobile. 1 0.405
Privately owned motorcycle. 1 0.305

1 Per mile.

Thanks!

--
Marty Shapiro
Silicon Rallye Inc.

(remove SPAMNOT to email me)
Old September 19th 06, 01:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 22:41:39 -0400, Margy Natalie
wrote in :

If you drive a ****box you might have to fly an ultra-light, i...

The majority of Parisians do not own automobiles.
Old September 19th 06, 01:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Stefan

Margy Natalie schrieb:

Why would I want to ride
in a Greyhound bus when I can drive my Audi?

Because you can relax and read a book instead of having to drive?

Stefan
Old September 19th 06, 01:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_1_]

Stefan wrote:
Margy Natalie schrieb:

Why would I want to ride in a Greyhound bus when I can drive my Audi?

Because you can relax and read a book instead of having to drive?

I'm guessing you live outside the US. G

Our "Greyhound" buses aren't on the same level as buses I've used in
other developed countries. Trust me, you'd choose the Audi.

The same can be said for most US trains.
Old September 19th 06, 02:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Larry,

The majority of Parisians do not own automobiles.

Got a source for that? The city sure gives a different impression.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old September 19th 06, 02:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley[_1_]

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
mike regish writes:

You'll tear the wings off of a normal category plane before you can do
either of those.

Normal categories of planes don't usually make the types of moves that
I dislike, at least if the pilot is competent.

How would you know? You've stated you've never been in a 'normal category'
aircraft. Or have you re-defined 'normal category' in your own mind?

Old September 19th 06, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marc Adler

Margy Natalie wrote:

It's great to own (cheaper to rent unless you fly 100 hrs/yr)

Interesting. How do you arrive at 100 hrs/yr?

Marc