Ack!! video A320 xwind in Germany

Old March 12th 08, 12:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Ack!! video A320 xwind in Germany

Dave Doe wrote in news:MPG.2241df172b22cd349898c1
@news.paradise.net.nz:

In article ,
says...
Dave Doe wrote in news:MPG.2241c16965a09dcd9898c0
@news.paradise.net.nz:

In article ,

says...
Dave Doe wrote in
. nz:

In article ,

says...
Dave Doe wrote in
. nz:

Wingtip scrapes are pretty common.

How many times a day do you scrape the wing on the ground?

If I want to, as many as I can. If not, it doesn't happen.

What's your point?

Proven.

Well done. Let us know when you figure out what it was.

LOL

Us? - how many of you are there? and which one am I talking to

today?

Depends

Which one would you like to talk to?

Some of us charge 4.95 a minute.

Well I'm not sure which Bertie I'm talking to now, nor which one I'd
like to talk to - as you didn't tell me how many of you there are to
talk to! Nor did you answer my other question (which one I was

talking
to).

Actually you've (whatever Bertie) didn't answer any of my questions at
all.

So tell yer what - you have the last say on the matter, I know you

want
to - and as an added bonus, perhaps you could get all Berties to reply

-
and invoice me for each!

OK, that will be thirty trillion, please.

We've answered on an infintie number of infinite universes but I'm
giving you a disoucnt.

And I did answer the question.

Bertie

Old March 13th 08, 01:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Dave Doe

In article ,
says...
[...]

Sorry for the slow reply - I had to contact your government to secure
the full amount. They tell me that because you're an American citizen
that they are happy to pay themselves, they want you to contact them,
now.

We've answered on an infintie number of infinite universes but I'm
giving you a disoucnt.

And I did answer the question.

Yes thank you Mxsmanic. How many times (that means give me a figure) do
you scrap the wings on the ground; per day, week - whatever - you say
it's common. How many times in the last year? - feel free to
approximate, but don't gimme the Mxsmanic chit - that's not you is it?

--
Duncan
Old March 13th 08, 04:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Dave Doe wrote in
. nz:

In article ,
says...
[...]

I'm not giving you MXS chit, I can assure you with my hand over my heart
that I'm giving your question every inch of the respect it deserves.

Bertie
Old March 13th 08, 04:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"John Collins" wrote in news:47d92272$0$12579
:

What a bunch of babies, grow up, both of you! This is a total waste!

Yo mama.

Bertie

Old March 13th 08, 10:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Dave Doe

snip

And I did answer the question.

Yes thank you Mxsmanic. How many times (that means give me a figure)
do you scrap the wings on the ground; per day, week - whatever - you
say it's common. How many times in the last year? - feel free to
approximate, but don't gimme the Mxsmanic chit - that's not you is it?

I'm not giving you MXS chit, I can assure you with my hand over my heart
that I'm giving your question every inch of the respect it deserves.

I'll take that as an admission from you that wing tip scrapes are infact
uncommon.

If you have any proof to the contrary - please provide it.

--
Duncan
Old March 13th 08, 11:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Terence Wilson

On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 20:42:21 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

Wasn't so much the crosswind as the technique used to deal with it.

Perhaps so - but it's been alleged there was a wind gust of 155 mph:

Could it have been caused by that wing almost hitting the ground? ;-)

The entire approach looked bogus to me, but I'm nowhere near a heavy
driver. The result was exactly what I'd expect with that technique...

The approach was fine all the way to the flare.

Bertie

The pilot de-crabbed too high, started to drift, then hurried to
recapture the correct crab angle and stabilize. While flaring not
enough aileron was applied into the wind, this allowed a gust to
momentarily bank the left wing into the ground.

The pilot should have maintained a stabilized descent, with crab
correction, to approximately 30' AGL before executing a simultaneous
de-crab and flare.

Old March 14th 08, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Dave Doe wrote in
. nz:

snip

And I did answer the question.

Yes thank you Mxsmanic. How many times (that means give me a
figure) do you scrap the wings on the ground; per day, week -
whatever - you say it's common. How many times in the last year? -
feel free to approximate, but don't gimme the Mxsmanic chit -
that's not you is it?

I'm not giving you MXS chit, I can assure you with my hand over my
heart that I'm giving your question every inch of the respect it
deserves.

I'll take that as an admission from you that wing tip scrapes are
infact uncommon.

Of course you will.

If you have any proof to the contrary - please provide it.

Or what, you'll call em another name?

Bertie