Jehovah's Witnesses

Old September 25th 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mick[_2_]

Default Jehovah's Witnesses - 1 attachment

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
| "Mick" #$$#@%%%.^^^ wrote in news |

| "Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
| .. .
| | wrote in news:9438d71b-df03-40de-8bae-
| |
:
| |
| | On Sep 22, 12:17 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
| | "Mick" #$$#@%%%.^^^ wrote innews:4JEBk.11778$Il.7305
| @newsfe09.iad:
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | "Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
| | .. .
| | | Rich Ahrens wrote in news:48d58d51$0$90344
| | | :
| | |
| | | on 9/20/2008 1:28 PM Bertie the Bunyip said the following:
| | | Naked Gonad wrote in
| | | 2.news.uk.tiscali.com:
| | |
| | | Had them knock on our door this morning, more religious
| | | nutcases spouting the fear that the world is gonna end and
| | | if we didn't comply with their silly belief, we would not
| be
| | | saved, nor would we go to paradise. I've already been to
| | Florida
| | | and that's the nearest thing to paradise in my opinion
| | (except
| | | when those nasty hurricanes strike)...HA!
| | |
| | |
| | | I~'ve been to Florida. Nearest thing to hell!
| | |
| | | Excepting Oklahoma and Texas, of course...
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | | I disagree.
| | |
| | |
| | | They're worse than hell.
| | |
| | |
| | | Bertie
| |
| | Aww, still tongue tied wanna be boi?
| |
| | Bertie
| |
| | You haven't been to Glasgow.
| |
| |
| | I have, actually. Another contender aong with most other Brit Cities.
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | Bertie
| |

Old September 25th 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mick[_2_]

Default Jehovah's Witnesses

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
| "Mick" #$$#@%%%.^^^ wrote in :
|

| "Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
| | "Mick" #$$#@%%%.^^^ wrote in :
| |
| |
| | "Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
| | | Rich Ahrens wrote in news:48d58d51$0$90344
| | | :
| | |
| | | on 9/20/2008 1:28 PM Bertie the Bunyip said the following:
| | | Naked Gonad wrote in
| | | 2.news.uk.tiscali.com:
| | |
| | | Had them knock on our door this morning, more religious
| | | nutcases spouting the fear that the world is gonna end and
| | | if we didn't comply with their silly belief, we would not be
| | | saved, nor would we go to paradise. I've already been to
| Florida
| | | and that's the nearest thing to paradise in my opinion
| (except
| | | when those nasty hurricanes strike)...HA!
| | |
| | |
| | | I~'ve been to Florida. Nearest thing to hell!
| | |
| | | Excepting Oklahoma and Texas, of course...
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | | I disagree.
| | |
| | |
| | | They're worse than hell.
| | |
| | |
| | | Bertie
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |

Old September 25th 08, 10:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mick[_2_]

"Gig 601Xl Builder" wrote in message
m...

| I've never understood something about Jehovah's Witnesses.
|
| If they think there are only going to be 144,000 people in heaven, why
| are they still recruiting?

You have a point.

Old September 26th 08, 05:14 AM posted to soc.subculture.online.kooks,rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_28_]

"Mick" #$$#@%%%.^^^ wrote in :

"Gig 601Xl Builder" wrote in message
m...

| I've never understood something about Jehovah's Witnesses.
|
| If they think there are only going to be 144,000 people in heaven, why
| are they still recruiting?

You have a point.

So do you.

Bertie
Old September 26th 08, 07:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell[_1_]

On 2008-09-23 14:41:48 -0700, Gig 601Xl Builder
said:

I've never understood something about Jehovah's Witnesses.

If they think there are only going to be 144,000 people in heaven, why
are they still recruiting?

As I understand it, they no longer have that doctrine.
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old September 26th 08, 12:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Sep 26, 12:38*am, C J Campbell
On 2008-09-23 14:41:48 -0700, Gig 601Xl Builder
said:

I've never understood something about Jehovah's Witnesses.

If they think there are only going to be 144,000 people in heaven, why
are they still recruiting?

As I understand it, they no longer have that doctrine.
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Funny how the change rules to fit their mission....Like god really
came down an issued new rules . G
Old September 26th 08, 02:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601Xl Builder

On 2008-09-23 14:41:48 -0700, Gig 601Xl Builder
said:

I've never understood something about Jehovah's Witnesses.

If they think there are only going to be 144,000 people in heaven, why
are they still recruiting?

As I understand it, they no longer have that doctrine.

Looks like they haven't completely dropped the number. From their
website. http://www.watchtower.org/e/200608b/article_01.htm

"A few humans have the hope of being resurrected to life in heaven.
Their number is small—144,000 in all. However, these 144,000 are quite
distinct from those creatures commonly called angels."

A Google of their website shows 310 references for 144,000
Old September 26th 08, 05:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell[_1_]

On Sep 26, 12:38*am, C J Campbell
On 2008-09-23 14:41:48 -0700, Gig 601Xl Builder
said:

I've never understood something about Jehovah's Witnesses.

If they think there are only going to be 144,000 people in heaven, why
are they still recruiting?

As I understand it, they no longer have that doctrine.
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Funny how the change rules to fit their mission....Like god really
came down an issued new rules . G

Well, why not, if it comes to that? Is that not a fundamental belief of
Christianity in general -- that God came down and issued new rules?

I don't have time for bashing others' religious beliefs. If the
Jehovah's Witnesses feel compelled to send people around that is fine
by me. I don't have to listen to them, but I don't have to abuse them,
either.

Old September 26th 08, 11:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Sep 26, 10:40*am, C J Campbell

On Sep 26, 12:38*am, C J Campbell
On 2008-09-23 14:41:48 -0700, Gig 601Xl Builder
said:

[...]

World Famous Flight Instructor- Hide quoted text -

JW's enjoy freedom of speech that the United States allows for all
residents, alot of people died to maintain that freedom. They will not
honor the US flag.

They enjoy freedom of religion that the United States allows for all
residents, they will NOT say the pledge or remove their hats, or for
that matter sing the national anthem..

Looks like a free ride to me
Old September 27th 08, 02:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

wrote

JW's enjoy freedom of speech that the United States allows for all
residents, alot of people died to maintain that freedom. They will not
honor the US flag.

They enjoy freedom of religion that the United States allows for all
residents, they will NOT say the pledge or remove their hats, or for
that matter sing the national anthem..

Looks like a free ride to me

Yep. They are not classified as a mainstream religion, in my book, but are
only a cult.
--
Jim in NC