Oudie users

Old June 4th 15, 04:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
D M[_2_]

Default Oudie users

At 13:36 04 June 2015, HGXC wrote:
On Saturday, May 30, 2015 at 11:32:30 AM UTC-4, HGXC wrote:
My Oudie is set up to use external GPS from my Cambridge. My

process
befo=
re flight is to turn on the Cambridge so it will lock the satellites
(start=
blinking), then I turn on the Oudie. It always give me a quick

notice
that=
it has lost the GPS signal and then it works fine. My question is

...is
th=
ere anyway I can tell from the GPS status box on screen what

source its
pul=
ling the GPS from?
=20
Dennis

I noticed that even after I turn on my cambridge and let it acquire

the
sat=
ellites when I turn on my Oudie it doesn't pick up the primary and

goes
tpo=
secondary. I have to go into the menu and change it back to the

primary
an=
d then its fine. Why doesn't it accept the primary right off? It

connects
t=
o the glider battery right off.

Dennis

Dennis are you hitting save after you make a change to the GPS
input. If you dont save the changes it reverts to what you had last
time you turned it on. Goto Menu/change GPS Input/Menu/save/
then turn it off and turn it back on. Doug

Old June 4th 15, 10:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HGXC[_3_]

On Saturday, May 30, 2015 at 11:32:30 AM UTC-4, HGXC wrote:
My Oudie is set up to use external GPS from my Cambridge. My process before flight is to turn on the Cambridge so it will lock the satellites (start blinking), then I turn on the Oudie. It always give me a quick notice that it has lost the GPS signal and then it works fine. My question is ...is there anyway I can tell from the GPS status box on screen what source its pulling the GPS from?

DenniS

I do want the secondary if the primary fails after say 10 seconds but I also want it to switch back when the primary becomes available.

Can i do that?

Dennis
Old June 5th 15, 03:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill T

Mine switches back and forth with no issues. If the nano is on and has a good GPS signal the Oudie picks up the Nano. If I unplug the nano, it reverts to internal GPS and when I plug the nano back into the "system", it goes back to the nano.
BillT
Old June 5th 15, 04:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

That is exactly how my Oudie 2 functions.
Automatic switching.

Question for Oudie users [email protected] Soaring 9 September 13th 12 02:17 PM
OurPlane Users??? [email protected] Piloting 2 July 8th 06 11:03 PM
Windows Users... john smith Piloting 0 December 31st 05 01:14 AM
hangsim users? Pete Simulators 0 June 28th 04 02:09 PM
FMC Users Guide Richard Bradshaw Products 0 October 3rd 03 10:43 AM