Winter Airspeed Repair

Old July 27th 07, 10:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
James Hamilton

Default Winter Airspeed Repair

The airspeed indicator that I had repaired by The Gyro
House was a Winter, 3 1/4', 510 degree dial and the
face was marked with white, green and red arcs from
the factory (Winter Bordgerate). If you want to buy
one like that today you can go to several US distributors.
According to their websites, the price of a new, color
marked Winter ASI (as described above) will run between
$340.00 to $380.00 and will be a 6 to 12 week delivery
time. According to The Gyro House website, the overhaul
price, today, is $295.00 and the turn around time in
the continental US is usually 10 days or less (using
3 day shipping). You choose.

JLH

Old July 27th 07, 11:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

actually I sell them for $319 new (color marking is $16.00 extra )which
includes shipping from Germany and also a new warranty....)
Typically I get these overhauls from the manufacturer for between $100-$200
with new dials as needed (also including shipping to-from Germany) and a new
warranty ... or offer exchange and/or core trade-in.....
Plus these will have Certification and approval ...anyone can open one up
and clear a plugged line or do a simple repair and send them back .....US
instrument shops, unless they are licensed and certified to work on (none
that I know in the USA have winter parts or FAA approval to work on these)
Winter instruments (or others) can only test and certify what the
calibration scale reads....anyone can open one up and clear a plugged line
or do a simple repair and send them back
tim