Ignore The Blabbing CNN Moron

Old October 6th 08, 12:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Gezellig

Default Ignore The Blabbing CNN Moron

Enjoy a very nice, gear-up landing

http://tinyurl.com/4jp9ck
Old October 6th 08, 03:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Kingfish

On Oct 6, 7:52*am, Gezellig wrote:
Enjoy a very nice, gear-up landing

http://tinyurl.com/4jp9ck

Old clip of a King Air 100 having a bad day. I'm curious why he landed
without flaps, he was going pretty fast. Maybe to limit damage? The
phone commentator was a nitwit - the comment about feathering the
props to keep the engines from "spinning off the mounts" was the
dumbest thing I've heard in a long time. Do these "experts" babble
just to fill the silence?
Old October 6th 08, 04:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
C J Campbell[_1_]

On 2008-10-06 07:25:43 -0700, Kingfish said:

On Oct 6, 7:52*am, Gezellig wrote:
Enjoy a very nice, gear-up landing

http://tinyurl.com/4jp9ck

Do these "experts" babble
just to fill the silence?

Yes. The greatest possible sin in broadcasting is silence.
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old October 6th 08, 06:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Gezellig

On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 07:25:43 -0700 (PDT), Kingfish wrote:

On Oct 6, 7:52*am, Gezellig wrote:
Enjoy a very nice, gear-up landing

http://tinyurl.com/4jp9ck

Old clip of a King Air 100 having a bad day. I'm curious why he landed
without flaps,

I thought the same thing, figgered maybe he was having all kinds of
associated failures or landing upwind? Have to go back and look.
Old October 6th 08, 07:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
a[_3_]

On Oct 6, 1:12*pm, Gezellig wrote:
On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 07:25:43 -0700 (PDT), Kingfish wrote:
On Oct 6, 7:52*am, Gezellig wrote:
Enjoy a very nice, gear-up landing

http://tinyurl.com/4jp9ck

Old clip of a King Air 100 having a bad day. I'm curious why he landed
without flaps,

I thought the same thing, figgered maybe he was having all kinds of
associated failures or landing upwind? Have to go back and look.

As best I could tell, speaking of head's up piloting, he shut down the
engines in the flare, the props were stopped before they impacted the
runway.

That guy did better holding the center line than I do, with wheels
down!
Old October 6th 08, 07:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mike

"Kingfish" wrote in message
On Oct 6, 7:52 am, Gezellig wrote:
Enjoy a very nice, gear-up landing

http://tinyurl.com/4jp9ck

Old clip of a King Air 100 having a bad day. I'm curious why he landed
without flaps, he was going pretty fast. Maybe to limit damage? The
phone commentator was a nitwit - the comment about feathering the
props to keep the engines from "spinning off the mounts" was the
dumbest thing I've heard in a long time. Do these "experts" babble
just to fill the silence?

The "nitwit" was Miles O'Brian who is at least a pilot, which is more than
you can say for most commentators who speak to aviation events with no
aviation background whatsoever.

Old October 8th 08, 11:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Gezellig

On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 18:43:56 GMT, Mike wrote:

"Kingfish" wrote in message
On Oct 6, 7:52 am, Gezellig wrote:
Enjoy a very nice, gear-up landing

http://tinyurl.com/4jp9ck

Old clip of a King Air 100 having a bad day. I'm curious why he landed
without flaps, he was going pretty fast. Maybe to limit damage? The
phone commentator was a nitwit - the comment about feathering the
props to keep the engines from "spinning off the mounts" was the
dumbest thing I've heard in a long time. Do these "experts" babble
just to fill the silence?

The "nitwit" was Miles O'Brian who is at least a pilot, which is more than
you can say for most commentators who speak to aviation events with no
aviation background whatsoever.

WTF was he thinking then?
Old October 9th 08, 03:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

"Kingfish" wrote in message
On Oct 6, 7:52 am, Gezellig wrote:
Enjoy a very nice, gear-up landing

http://tinyurl.com/4jp9ck

Old clip of a King Air 100 having a bad day. I'm curious why he landed
without flaps, he was going pretty fast. Maybe to limit damage? The
phone commentator was a nitwit - the comment about feathering the
props to keep the engines from "spinning off the mounts" was the
dumbest thing I've heard in a long time. Do these "experts" babble
just to fill the silence?

The "nitwit" was Miles O'Brian who is at least a pilot, which is more than
you can say for most commentators who speak to aviation events with no
aviation background whatsoever.

WTF was he thinking then?

"These are a simple people. People of the earth. You know, morons".

Old October 9th 08, 10:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Gezellig

"Kingfish" wrote in message
On Oct 6, 7:52 am, Gezellig wrote:
Enjoy a very nice, gear-up landing

http://tinyurl.com/4jp9ck

Old clip of a King Air 100 having a bad day. I'm curious why he landed
without flaps, he was going pretty fast. Maybe to limit damage? The
phone commentator was a nitwit - the comment about feathering the
props to keep the engines from "spinning off the mounts" was the
dumbest thing I've heard in a long time. Do these "experts" babble
just to fill the silence?

The "nitwit" was Miles O'Brian who is at least a pilot, which is more than
you can say for most commentators who speak to aviation events with no
aviation background whatsoever.

WTF was he thinking then?

"These are a simple people. People of the earth. You know, morons".

Ooops, forgot, thx for the heads up. lol