Bonanza throw-over yoke

Old February 10th 04, 04:47 AM
MLenoch

Default Bonanza throw-over yoke

Question:
Is there a conversion to two yokes for the old Bonanza throw-over control yoke
configuration? (Just curious....nothing contemplated as yet.)
Thx in advance.
VL

Old February 10th 04, 02:31 PM

VL,

Their website seems to be down at the moment, but try:

www.cygnet-aero.com

If I recall correctly, the price was around $3K.

cheers,
mark

"Dennis O'Connor" wrote in message
Yup...
denny

Old February 10th 04, 04:02 PM
Rick Durden

Vlado,

The conversion is a double yoke arrangement that slides into the
regular opening in the panel. Years ago my flying club in Ann Arbor
would rent one from the Beech dealer in Pontiac for our commercial
students, we eventually bought the thing.

It's an easy switch, but, as a Beech engineer once told me over drinks
one night: you can buy a better airplane than a Beechcraft, you just
can't pay more for it g. It's a quick, nice conversion, it's just
expensive.

Hey, we have to get you up here to do some flying on skis in a J-3 or
Super Cub. I owe you at least that for the ride you kindly gave me
several years ago.

Warmest regards,
Rick

Old February 10th 04, 05:07 PM
Peter R.

Rick Durden ) wrote:

The conversion is a double yoke arrangement that slides into the
regular opening in the panel. Years ago my flying club in Ann Arbor
would rent one from the Beech dealer in Pontiac for our commercial
students, we eventually bought the thing.

What was the thinking behind the throw-over yoke versus dual yoke?

--
Peter R.

Old February 10th 04, 07:22 PM
Kyle Boatright

"Peter R." wrote in message
Rick Durden ) wrote:

The conversion is a double yoke arrangement that slides into the
regular opening in the panel. Years ago my flying club in Ann Arbor
would rent one from the Beech dealer in Pontiac for our commercial
students, we eventually bought the thing.

What was the thinking behind the throw-over yoke versus dual yoke?

--
Peter R.

It is the same thing as the thinking behind the removable stick for the
right seat in my RV-6. If it isn't there, it isn't in the way. Makes it
less likely to suffer a PIO (Passenger Induced Oscillation), and it makes it
easier for the passenger to turn your $7.25 sectional into origami.

KB

Old February 12th 04, 06:51 PM
Steve Robertson

Probaly more room for the passenger. I used to have a Bonanza with the thow-over yoke.
I liked it just fine. Passenger had more room and was not tempted to grab the yoke
right before touchdown on a windy day. Bonanzas are rarely used for primary (or
commercial) training, so who needs the extra yoke? Another nice feature is that the
throw-over mechanism has several detents so that the height of the yoke can be
adjusted to suit the PIC. .

Best regards,

Steve Robertson
N4732J 1967 Musketeer

Old February 12th 04, 07:35 PM
Peter R.

Steve Robertson ) wrote:

Bonanzas are rarely used for primary (or
commercial) training, so who needs the extra yoke?

In my case, I am considering moving up to one, which would also be my first
transition to a complex aircraft, so I am going to need to rent a dual yoke
for the instructor.

Another nice feature is that the throw-over mechanism has several detents
so that the height of the yoke can be adjusted to suit the PIC. .

I was unaware of that. As a big fan of adjustable steering wheels in
autos, I would find this feature useful.

Old February 13th 04, 01:46 AM
Michael

Peter R. wrote
In my case, I am considering moving up to one, which would also be my first
transition to a complex aircraft, so I am going to need to rent a dual yoke
for the instructor.

Be careful when you do. Real Bonanza yokes are scarcer then hen's
teeth, and a lot of less-than-scrupulous operators will rent you a
Baron yoke. It fits - but it doesn't fit correctly.

Further, there are instructors who have special dispensation (an
exemption, I think) to teach with throwover yokes outside the special
case of instrument instruction in a single. I know there is such an
exemption for Barons, and I would be surprised if there weren't one
for a complex endorsement in a Bonanza. You really ought to check
with the Bonanza society before you go to the trouble and expense of
renting a double yoke.

Michael

Elite and CH Flight Sim Yoke - USB tscottme Instrument Flight Rules 3 December 22nd 10 12:34 AM
Beech dual yoke w/rams horns/color preference Dan Karshin Aviation Marketplace 1 March 28th 04 05:04 PM
Throw over yokes Steve P Piloting 7 January 13th 04 07:21 PM
CH Product Yoke with IP Trainer 6.5 Sanjay Kumar Instrument Flight Rules 2 October 10th 03 07:47 AM
Early Bonanza or Apache? Brinks Owning 11 July 16th 03 06:01 PM